Kidnapped FOX NEWS journalists convert to Islam

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by NEO_CON, Aug 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Damn right too, they can always convert back now they've been released!

2. interesting point -

if the 'conversion' was an offshoot of Stockholm syndrome, or to make their time/release easier.... dont suppose it matters, they will probably serialise their story and sell it out on their own network.

if it was a change of heart then the views they espouse now are hardly compatible with the usual propaganda (rather than news) that Fox spews out on a regular basis.

3. I sure they could get always get jobs at Al-Jazeera or the BBC. They will fit right in.

4. Ok Neo-Con , so there you are tied up in some cellar somewhere and offered a choice between heroic surgery with a bread knife or conversion and freedom.

Hmmmmm now let me think.

5. 'NEO, thinks(!)....''now, what would John Wayne have done?''

6. Oh yeah - it would be Allahu Akhbar every time. Likewise if I was held by Crossmaglen PIRA and they insisted I convert to Opus Dei or get a bit of lead through my brain then I'd snap their hand off. It wouldn't make me believe in it though...I'm capable of independent thought. But it would let me get home to my wife and kids!

7. Yes ditto, there's a bigger picture to be considered!

I wonder if the two reporters will report from Gaza in the future?
    Might be necessary to maintain their new faith for a while longer!

8. What ?

actually they put a gun to his head

9. You may want to look outside your red white and blue bubble once in a while. I may have this wrong, but you seem to be suggesting these journalists were less than brave in taking the 'I want to see my family again' route?

10. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Just a small point but its actually considered 'reversion' as opposed to 'conversion', this concept being explained in part by the concept of 'Fitrah' (worth a google by the way). Hopefully during their captivity they were given some things to read, rather than just the barrel of a gun, hardly 2:256.

I'm sure Yvonne Ridley will have them round for mint tea if they are ever in country :twisted:

11. No, I was commenting on this statement
    which implies that fox news is anti-Islam

so I simply said they could find a place with other news organization that, I implied were pro-Islam.

I think

12. It was Blackadder himself, when under torture said

"Now, am I by any chance addressing a senior dignitary of the Spanish
    Inquisition? Because if I am, I would like to say that I am prepared
    to tell you absolutely...anything"

Wise words indeed

13. In Islam no conversion or reversion is valid if it is forced.
    Therefore the journalists never 'converted' to use the old orientalist term.