Kidnapped FOX NEWS journalists convert to Islam

hansvonhealing said:
Seems it worked... http://today.reuters.com/news/artic...PPINGS.xml&WTmodLoc=NewsArt-L3-Top+NewsNews-2

Wonder if they'll continue to work for Fox ......!
interesting point -

if the 'conversion' was an offshoot of Stockholm syndrome, or to make their time/release easier.... dont suppose it matters, they will probably serialise their story and sell it out on their own network.

if it was a change of heart then the views they espouse now are hardly compatible with the usual propaganda (rather than news) that Fox spews out on a regular basis.

if it was a change of heart then the views they espouse now are hardly compatible with the usual propaganda (rather than news) that Fox spews out on a regular basis.
I sure they could get always get jobs at Al-Jazeera or the BBC. They will fit right in.

Ok Neo-Con , so there you are tied up in some cellar somewhere and offered a choice between heroic surgery with a bread knife or conversion and freedom.

Hmmmmm now let me think.

Oh yeah - it would be Allahu Akhbar every time. Likewise if I was held by Crossmaglen PIRA and they insisted I convert to Opus Dei or get a bit of lead through my brain then I'd snap their hand off. It wouldn't make me believe in it though...I'm capable of independent thought. But it would let me get home to my wife and kids!

CardinalSin said:
Oh yeah - it would be Allahu Akhbar every time. Likewise if I was held by Crossmaglen PIRA and they insisted I convert to Opus Dei or get a bit of lead through my brain then I'd snap their hand off. It wouldn't make me believe in it though...I'm capable of independent thought. But it would let me get home to my wife and kids!
Yes ditto, there's a bigger picture to be considered!

I wonder if the two reporters will report from Gaza in the future?
Might be necessary to maintain their new faith for a while longer!

Ok Neo-Con , so there you are tied up in some cellar somewhere and offered a choice between heroic surgery with a bread knife or conversion and freedom.

Hmmmmm now let me think.
What ?

actually they put a gun to his head

I sure they could get always get jobs at Al-Jazeera or the BBC. They will fit right in.
You may want to look outside your red white and blue bubble once in a while. I may have this wrong, but you seem to be suggesting these journalists were less than brave in taking the 'I want to see my family again' route?

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
Just a small point but its actually considered 'reversion' as opposed to 'conversion', this concept being explained in part by the concept of 'Fitrah' (worth a google by the way). Hopefully during their captivity they were given some things to read, rather than just the barrel of a gun, hardly 2:256.

I'm sure Yvonne Ridley will have them round for mint tea if they are ever in country :twisted:

You may want to look outside your red white and blue bubble once in a while. I may have this wrong, but you seem to be suggesting these journalists were less than brave in taking the 'I want to see my family again' route
No, I was commenting on this statement
if it was a change of heart then the views they espouse now are hardly compatible with the usual propaganda (rather than news) that Fox spews out on a regular basis
which implies that fox news is anti-Islam

so I simply said they could find a place with other news organization that, I implied were pro-Islam.

I think

It was Blackadder himself, when under torture said

"Now, am I by any chance addressing a senior dignitary of the Spanish
Inquisition? Because if I am, I would like to say that I am prepared
to tell you absolutely...anything"

Wise words indeed

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
castlereagh said:
In Islam no conversion or reversion is valid if it is forced.
Therefore the journalists never 'converted' to use the old orientalist term.
Nicely put. God Willing they may still pop in to see Yvonne, I hear she has the kettle on....

Nehustan said:
castlereagh said:
In Islam no conversion or reversion is valid if it is forced.
Therefore the journalists never 'converted' to use the old orientalist term.
Nicely put. God Willing they may still pop in to see Yvonne, I hear she has the kettle on....
Insh Allah........

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
I actually just watched the guys' release on the BBC. Interestingly enough the one shown making the declaration of faith in Arabic while holding his right index finger upward (standard operating procedure for surrender, tho' I often think it should really be the right little finger, but I digress...) was not the one that reported having a gun held on him...I'll be watching this space with interest.

PartTimePongo said:
I may have this wrong, but you seem to be suggesting these journalists were less than brave in taking the 'I want to see my family again' route?
Reminds me of a scene in Team America

Gary: So, so what? You're just gonna shut down? I really like you. There's no chance we can ever get together?
Lisa: Only if you could promise me you'll never die.
Gary: You know I can't promise that.
Lisa: If you did that, I would make love to you right now.
Gary: [turns her around and puffs himself up] I promise. I will never die. [they draw closer and kiss for a long time]