Kid goes mental over books as Christmas Presents

I'd buy him the biggest thickest book I could find. Then hit him on the fucking head with it.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
horrible little shit. he wants a fcuking good boot up the arrse.

When my daughter was 9 I bought her a lovely illustrated History book with fantastic pictures and diagrams in it. She bawled her eyes out because she wanted a makeup set. Women!

He was 3 years old, kids are still pissing their pants at that age. I was perfectly happy with books as a child and we certainly didn't get spoilt, but I think it's a bit much to start hating some kid (or his parents) because he has only ever come to know Christmas for the commercial shite that we get fed from the TV and media! Blame TV and the US, not the kid!

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
He was 3 years old, kids are still pissing their pants at that age. I was perfectly happy with books as a child and we certainly didn't get spoilt, but I think it's a bit much to start hating some kid (or his parents) because he has only ever come to know Christmas for the commercial shite that we get fed from the TV and media! Blame TV and the US, not the kid!
Quite right, he should be caned, that'd be a present he'd remember.

My Dad used to always give me books when I was a lad growing up, I learnt more from them than I ever thought possible.

Thanks Dad, Ive still got those copies of Razzle and Fiesta, I enjoyed the letters more than the pictures.

I always gave my son books for Christmas and he loved getting books. Of course when he was little dad could be counted on to read to him every night.

No grandkids yet but I always send books to my 6 Godkids for birthdays, Christmas etc and they love getting them. Get a call Christmas from the mother of twin Godkids (3 and a half) in Canada. They loved the books and insisted on bringing the books when they went to "Grandpa Book" in the afternoon as he always loves reading to the kids.

It may be that if someone reads to kids they love books but if no one reads to them they regard books as useless.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
I always gave my son books for Christmas and he loved getting books. Of course when he was little dad could be counted on to read to him every night.

No grandkids yet but I always send books to my 6 Godkids for birthdays, Christmas etc and they love getting them. Get a call Christmas from the mother of twin Godkids (3 and a half) in Canada. They loved the books and insisted on bringing the books when they went to "Grandpa Book" in the afternoon as he always loves reading to the kids.

It may be that if someone reads to kids they love books but if no one reads to them they regard books as useless.
too true - I was never anything but encouraged to read by my parents growing up and revered books from an early age - and still do.

too true - I was never anything but encouraged to read by my parents growing up and revered books from an early age - and still do.
Same here with loving reading, though not encouraged by parents, more like read this & shut it!

I love books and buy one for the kids every birthday & crimble, gruffalo's their favourite - so much so i can read it from memory almost...

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk