Kicking Al Fayed out

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7359164.stm

An MP has called for Harrods owner Mohamed Al Fayed to be deported, calling him a "thief, a crook and liar" during a Commons debate.

Tory MP Gerald Howarth asked if the Egyptian tycoon could be removed, saying he had caused "great distress" by making "absurd allegations".

It follows the end of a six-month, £2.8m inquest into the deaths of Mr Al Fayed's son Dodi and Princess Diana.

Immigration minister Liam Byrne said he did not discuss individual cases.

At Home Office questions in the Commons on Monday, Conservative MP Mr Howarth noted the speed with which Mr Al Fayed's last application for citizenship had been refused.

'Swift action'

He added: "Given the great distress caused by Fayed's absurd allegations and his burden on the public purse, will the home secretary now take swift action to remove for good, as an undesirable alien, this thief, crook and liar."

Mr Byrne replied: "I have made it my policy not to discuss individual cases on the floor of the House, but suffice to say the comments are on the record."

Earlier this month the inquest ruled Dodi and Princess Diana were unlawfully killed in a car crash in Paris in 1997 - due to the actions of driver Henri Paul and the paparazzi.

Mr Al Fayed's claim including that Diana, Dodi and Henri Paul were "murdered" in an act orchestrated by MI6 on the instructions of the Duke of Edinburgh was dismissed by the coroner Lord Justice Scott Baker as having "not a shred of evidence" to support it.

Mr Al Fayed said at the time he would accept the verdict, for the sake of Princess Diana's sons, Princes William and Harry.

He told ITV's News at Ten he had reservations about the outcome but added: "But as I say, I have enough. I am leaving the rest for God to get my revenge. But I am not doing anything any more."

The Egyptian businessman has made several attempts to gain British citizenship which have been turned down.
My bold. Fair enough and while we are at it can we cut the burden on the public purse caused by the vast majority of those debating this in Parliament?

I entirely agree. The gubmint should mag to grid the oily little toad.

Nasty bitter little man with chips on both shoulders. Not much fond of the Egyptian Feller either.

Howarth shouting for someone to be repatriated? It's like Ice Cream price rises in June, regular as clockwork, always going to happen.

I remember when Howarth was shouting for Pinochet (Alleged Mass Murderer and all round bad egg) to be repatriated.

Oh wait, he didn't did he. :roll:

At the very least Mr. Howarth , the deluded, misguided heartbroken shop owning gentleman has contributed far more to the public purse than you ever have.

Tazzers,

He's NOT Al Fayed,just plain Fayed.

The Phoney Phorah added the Al to evevate his status years ago.

A bit like Bliar calling himself Sir Tony without the inconvienience of actually being knighted.which he doesn't.........well,as of yet.

I hope Gerald Howarth suceeds in having Fayed deported.

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
I seem to remember that Fayed doesn't pay much tax on Britain so the financial arguement doesn't totally wash. But why bung him out?- He's a deluded old man but he's done this country no harm, just made himself look a fool. If we're putting together a list of foreigners for deportation there's a long list and he's way down it. We could start with a large percentage of our prison population.

It is a matter of how much you contribute to the country surely. He is probably more deserving of staying that all the overpaid scrotes in parliament.

He is eccentric. So what. At least he does something useful with his time.

I am not sure why he hasn't been granted citizenship. Citizenship has been granted to people with known criminal records. If those people are deserving, surely this man does too.

The cynic in me sees this as a PR attempt by the member. If he has nothing better to do than to waste valuable time in parliament discussing the citizenship application of someone who has no connection to him, then perhaps he is not working hard enough for his dosh.

Didn't a British teacher get jailed and sacked for calling a teddy bear Mohamed? I hope that (Al) Fayed's mother got a similar treatment for naming him after the 'great prophet'.

06FA56Paderborn said:
So all that matters is how much you put into the public purse then to be allowed to stay in the country.
NO

I don't like the guy either but the MP says he is a burden on the public purse. I can think of a few far greater burdens than Fayed.

There is many more foreigners i would boot out before him

Edit to add: must type faster

How the fcuk is old Mo a burden on the pubic purse, it,s not as though he,s on benefits or anything, O.K so he tried to stuff the Royals over Diana, so what! people made squillions out of that, and it provided a cheap source of entertainment for thousands of others, leave the old buffer alone with his lemon sucking hatered, he,s to old to square up to anyway, silly old twat

Hugh_Jardon said:
I don't care how much money he's put in. Kick him in the cunt, then kick him out.
No preferential treatment, please! There is a whole line of people in front of him: Tony, Brown, Cherie, Wolf, Prescott, Darling, etc.

Tazzers said:
An MP has called for Harrods owner Mohamed Al Fayed to be deported, calling him a "thief, a crook and liar" during a Commons debate.

In all seriousness, get him deported for that? if so half the fcuking goverment/MPs will be saying goodbye too!
total utter wnakers

Cal

raggedy said:
How the fcuk is old Mo a burden on the pubic purse, it,s not as though he,s on benefits or anything, O.K so he tried to stuff the Royals over Diana, so what! people made squillions out of that, and it provided a cheap source of entertainment for thousands of others, leave the old buffer alone with his lemon sucking hatered, he,s to old to square up to anyway, silly old t**t
He's certainly kept a bunch of mental Daily Express readers entertained for a decade.

Le_addeur_noir said:
He's NOT Al Fayed,just plain Fayed. The Phoney Phorah added the Al to evevate his status years ago.

A bit like Bliar calling himself Sir Tony without the inconvienience of actually being knighted.which he doesn't.........well,as of yet..
I reckon he's been watching too many old "Prince" Naseem Hamed fights on telly.

Tazzers said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7359164.stm

Pot, kettle, black[

/b]Tory MP Gerald Howarth
asked if the Egyptian tycoon could be removed, saying he had caused "great distress" by making "absurd allegations".

Ooh look, a careerist MP abusing parliamentary privilege.

It follows the end of a six-month, £2.8m inquest into the deaths of Mr Al Fayed's son Dodi and Princess Diana.

Immigration minister Liam Byrne said he did not discuss individual cases.

At Home Office questions in the Commons on Monday, Conservative MP Mr Howarth noted the speed with which Mr Al Fayed's last application for citizenship had been refused.

'Swift action'

He added: "Given the great distress caused by Fayed's absurd allegations and his burden on the public purse, will the home secretary now take swift action to remove for good, as an undesirable alien, this thief, crook and liar."

Mr Byrne replied: "I have made it my policy not to discuss individual cases on the floor of the House, but suffice to say the comments are on the record."

Earlier this month the inquest ruled Dodi and Princess Diana were unlawfully killed in a car crash in Paris in 1997 - due to the actions of driver Henri Paul and the paparazzi.

Mr Al Fayed's claim including that Diana, Dodi and Henri Paul were "murdered" in an act orchestrated by MI6 on the instructions of the Duke of Edinburgh was dismissed by the coroner Lord Justice Scott Baker as having "not a shred of evidence" to support it.

Mr Al Fayed said at the time he would accept the verdict, for the sake of Princess Diana's sons, Princes William and Harry.

He told ITV's News at Ten he had reservations about the outcome but added: "But as I say, I have enough. I am leaving the rest for God to get my revenge. But I am not doing anything any more."

The Egyptian businessman has made several attempts to gain British citizenship which have been turned down.

My bold. Fair enough and while we are at it can we cut the burden on the public purse caused by the vast majority of those debating this in Parliament?

Howarth - what a hypocrite. Fayed is a sad deluded old fool with dubious taste in Egyptian decor, but he is essentially harmless

Shouldn't we be focusing our thoughts on more deserving people?

I admit, Fayed is an eccentric, self-righteous fool at best, but he's hardly the venomous, scheming burden you're all making him out to be.

I'm sure he was/is a tax exile in Switzerland?

Regardless, anyone who has as many UK business assets as he does has 'indefinite leave to remain' so he's free to come and go as he likes.

I wouldn't be too harsh on him though. He might be an annoying loudmouth at times but he's a harmless old fool really.

Gerald is the MP for Farnborough (i.e. Aldershot proper...North Camp!). He is a very box issue Tory and one would expect a Queen & Country tory to make these sort of statements. However I expect he has paid proportionately more tax than "Al" Fayed...because Al Fayed is obviously able to afford lawyers and accountants that Gerald can't!

Latest Threads