Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Khan: TFL to take over railway services?

Was listening to somebody who has to use Southern Rail to Brighton. Late at night the service from London will stop at Gatwick - and I mean say 0130 - and a bus replacement service put in place.

Except when they forget, which is frustrating...

No disputing the fact something needs to be done about the dismal service. I don't commute but I pity those who do.

Lets hope the Mayor whatever he does thinks it through and gets it right....

Was listening to somebody who has to use Southern Rail to Brighton. Late at night the service from London will stop at Gatwick - and I mean say 0130 - and a bus replacement service put in place.

Except when they forget, which is frustrating...

Night services are shambolic. A mate and I went to a concert at the 100 Club not too long back. I had a hunch about the trains and so suggested leaving before 11/the end of the gig (which was a pisser - I know some of the band and wanted to stay to chat).

Even though we were at Victoria well before midnight, it was impossible in the event to get a train which went farther than East Croydon. We ended up with a hefty cab fare.

The entertainment industry is important to London and the mayor (it was still Boris at the time) should be kicking the train companies bloody hard as it's affecting the capital's economy.

Lets hope it goes better than his election promises that he seems busy to be dropping and pretending he never made

Politics.

True

It's obvious that Corbyn is only being allowed to be leader whilst Momentum get a stranglehold on the NEC, after that it will be a fight between McDonnell and at least one token moderate and the positioning here is obvious

So much is genuine interest in an integrated transport policy, rather say positioning himself in the event of a Labour leadership contest. Rather liked Boris hoped to do the same and use it as a stepping stone

Has been on the drawing boards for ages b b

Indeed; Obergruppenfuhrer Livingstone proposed it when he was London mayor, but it was roundly rejected when he also said that Metropolitan London's boundaries should be expanded up to the M25. The desire for TfL to takeover suburban rail franchises from the Home Counties into London was seen very much as a Trojan Horse...

Indeed; Obergruppenfuhrer Livingstone proposed it when he was London mayor, but it was roundly rejected when he also said that Metropolitan London's boundaries should be expanded up to the M25. The desire for TfL to takeover suburban rail franchises from the Home Counties into London was seen very much as a Trojan Horse...

Tfl are looking at taking some of our roots off us next year which will run moorgate to hertford north and then bus service to stevenage. Cant fecking wait as hate going down the hole on the ncl

Tch. Comrade Commissar Livingstone, if you please...