Khan looks for new voters

Let Khan have his votes. London is a lost cause anyway. t's been lost for a few decades now.

An interesting point yesterday when a commentator said as much that he had been told that Boris was pretty much going to ignore Greater London for the North, and the Counties.

1581411369667.png

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer

NSP

LE
Absolutely rubbish!
Which bit? My NI card and covering letter turned up seemingly unbidden shortly after my sixteenth birthday, too.

I too had yet to leave school and look for work.

Which bit? My NI card and covering letter turned up seemingly unbidden shortly after my sixteenth birthday, too.

Yep. I got mine automatically though the post as well.

Yes, again, not everyone has a driving license either.
I would counter that by saying there are 33 + millions of UK drivers most of whom have migrated from the old paper licence who use them as I do. At the very least, a reasonable template to substantiate my point.
The old paper licence? Well you could drive a bus through it and fakes are/were very common in the criminal fraternity. Photo licences, I expect, a bit more difficult with holograms. Not impossible but I've not done any homework on that.
At any rate, in countless other ways from GP & Dental records, HMRC & Welfare databases, you name it the vast majority of UK citizens ( bar those in the tiny minority who have fallen off the radar or were never on it by design to begin with;)) are already "recorded" from cradle to grave. A mere wallet card with the core info is to me of little consequence.

Last edited:

My youngest son received his last year. He didn't do it, and we certainly didn't apply for it, but it's entirely possibly his company did, and he just signed it. Either way it turned up without any prompting from the recipient or his family

Actingunpaid

Clanker
It won't be long before everyone has a smartphone with facial/thumbprint recognition anyway.Much better than a photo ID.Still got my MOD90 (Reserve) and you wouldn't recognise me from it!I still had hair and teeth.

Not a good look for the incumbent Mayor and that would apply had Boris decided to bribe a particular group. But he didn't.
Where is the bribery?

Fundamentally there is a bit of confirmation bias going on here.

There has been a conflation of three separate processes throughout this thread:

1. SK has called for an increase in registration for the postal vote for the London Mayoral election. Arguably this could be as much benefit to Rory Stewart, or Sean Bailey, as him.
2. You have provided the example of a local council election as evidence of this being some kind of corruption- despite the incident in question having taken place in 2010 (check who was Mayor then) and actually not being any concern of the GLA as it is not a combined authority - unlike all other metro mayoralties (W Mids, Manchester etc); it sits above and seperate from the Boroughs who carry out their own business (policy direction aside). Apart from this Rahman was sent down. I would suggest that this is a success in the fight against electoral fraud, albeit irrelevant to the discussion at hand.
3. Previous posters have referred to parliamentary constituencies. These do not apply to the London Assembly's constituencies.

There are a lot of facts that need to be got straight here before a rational conversation can be had.

Last edited:
where is the bribery here?
Thats the whole point of the postal block voting scam. The bribery isn't in a manifesto, the public don't see it up front. It's promises in the back rooms of mosques and community centres. It took a decade to unravel all of Luhtfars corrupt bungs.

Khan will be long gone before his come out.

Thats the whole point of the postal block voting scam. The bribery isn't in a manifesto, the public don't see it up front. It's promises in the back rooms of mosques and community centres. It took a decade to unravel all of Luhtfars corrupt bungs.

Khan will be long gone before his come out.
as I've said in my edit above - irrelevant. two separate processes

as I've said in my edit above - irrelevant. two separate processes
Your edit merely shows you have failed to grasp the problem.

A) Postal voting is binary. You have it or you don't for all elections so seeking to draw distinctions between parliamentary, borough, mayoral etc elections is just plain incorrect.

B) Postal voting has been identified in multiple locations as enabling block voting corruption among sections of Muslim communities. Nobody in their right mind has suggested that the Tories will be harvesting Penelope and Marcus's postal votes in Richmond.

C) Given the above apply occams and either Khan is seeking to gain more block votes or he's an idiot as the optics of a muslim mayor encouraging a known corrupt muslim practice are not exactly great. He may just be an idiot of course. Either way he has not covered himself in glory.

A) Postal voting is binary. You have it or you don't for all elections so seeking to draw distinctions between parliamentary, borough, mayoral etc elections is just plain incorrect.

B) Postal voting has been identified in multiple locations as enabling block voting corruption among sections of Muslim communities. Nobody in their right mind has suggested that the Tories will be harvesting Penelope and Marcus's postal votes in Richmond.

C) Given the above apply occams and either Khan is seeking to gain more block votes or he's an idiot as the optics of a muslim mayor encouraging a known corrupt muslim practice are not exactly great. He may just be an idiot of course. Either way he has not covered himself in glory.
OK. if that's where we've got to with this I'm out.

Probably best as you clearly don't have a scooby about the issue.
OK, if you want. I am not going to claim any superior knowledge as (unlike you) I am not going to make assertions about what you do or don't know about the intricacies of the upcoming elections to the Mayoralty and London Assembly, or how London Boroughs operate (through the auspices of the LLAG) or even national polls - all of which are ultimately controlled by the electoral commission.

You may have drafted the GLA Acts 99 and '07 for all I know (though if you did I'd call you cunt, having read them both several times). So what I will do is call you out on your barely disguised racism and piss-poor logic:

Both these points are contradictory: Postal voting fraud is as rife in a general election as it is in a local borough election apparently - perhaps you should should let the Electoral Commission know. In which case what is the split between postal votes for non-Muslim/ Asian candidates as others? Surely you will be able to back this up with facts? I assume that both Sajid Javid and Priti Patel won their seats through a large batch of postal votes? I'd be interested to know.

My Bold: No You asserted this. What is your evidence that this is not the case, given how apparently open to exploitation this part of the democratic process is, as above?

Maybe. Just have some balls and admit that you don't like brown people in politics. I am sure you will be happier in the long run

Last edited:
I assume that both Sajid Javid and Priti Patel won their seats through a large batch of postal votes? I'd be interested to know.
That's rather a rediculous and mute point, considering that both Javid and Patel, were voted in as MPs by overwelmingly white constituencies. If you believe that there isn't a problem with the postal voting system, in certain areas of the country, then you are a fool.

OK, if you want. I am not going to claim any superior knowledge as (unlike you) I am not going to make assertions about what you do or don't know about the intricacies of the upcoming elections to the Mayoralty and London Assembly, or how London Boroughs operate (through the auspices of the LLAG) or even national polls - all of which are ultimately controlled by the electoral commission.

You may have drafted the GLA Acts 99 and '07 for all I know (though if you did I'd call you cunt, having read them both several times). So what I will do is call you out on your barely disguised racism and piss-poor logic:

Both these points are contradictory: Postal voting fraud is as rife in a general election as it is in a local borough election apparently - perhaps you should should let the Electoral Commission know. In which case what is the split between postal votes for non-Muslim/ Asian candidates as others? Surely you will be able to back this up with facts? I assume that both Sajid Javid and Priti Patel won their seats through a large batch of postal votes? I'd be interested to know.

My Bold: No You asserted this. What is your evidence that this is not the case, given how apparently open to exploitation this part of the democratic process is, as above?

Maybe. Just have some balls and admit that you don't like brown people in politics. I am sure you will be happier in the long run
I think you must have misread my post. I agreed it was better for you to bug out not continue to demonstrate further ignorance and then demean yourself by squealing wacist.

For the avoidance of doubt -

Postal voting block corruption is a problem among certain muslim communities, mainly Bengali and Pakistani. It is routed in their corrupt practices in the subcontinent.

It is not among whites, Sikhs, Hindus, Jews, blacks etc.

The person getting elected is not the issue, the voter base being controlled as a block and thus enabling corruption is. So it's perfectly possible for Muslim mps to be completely legitimately elected. Equally it's possible for the corrupt practice to elect non-Muslims. George Galloway for example.

There is zero evidence of white peoples postal votes being harvested for block voting by 'community leaders' because it does not happen.

There is zero evidence of black peoples postal votes being harvested for block voting by 'community leaders' because it does not happen.

Hence when you see the likes of Lammy and Abbott in action they are always going on about 'black issues'. It's onesided obviously but they wear their 'we're going into bat for you' credentials on their sleeve publicly as they are looking for individual votes.

Corrupt politicians relying on block votes just do the deals behind closed doors and when the deal is suitably favourable to the block the instruction gets passed down the line.

As a LBTH resident with extensive contacts within THLP including those who were instrumental in exposing this stuff I do know what I am talking about, hence I don't discuss issues of corruption with reference to GLA regulations as that's as pointless as saying 'drug dealing is illegal so how can you say it exists'.

Have a pleasant evening and respond if you have anything useful to add. (But wacist is neither true or useful btw).

I think you must have misread my post. I agreed it was better for you to bug out not continue to demonstrate further ignorance and then demean yourself by squealing wacist.

For the avoidance of doubt -

Postal voting block corruption is a problem among certain muslim communities, mainly Bengali and Pakistani. It is routed in their corrupt practices in the subcontinent.

It is not among whites, Sikhs, Hindus, Jews, blacks etc.

The person getting elected is not the issue, the voter base being controlled as a block and thus enabling corruption is. So it's perfectly possible for Muslim mps to be completely legitimately elected. Equally it's possible for the corrupt practice to elect non-Muslims. George Galloway for example.

There is zero evidence of white peoples postal votes being harvested for block voting by 'community leaders' because it does not happen.

There is zero evidence of black peoples postal votes being harvested for block voting by 'community leaders' because it does not happen.

Hence when you see the likes of Lammy and Abbott in action they are always going on about 'black issues'. It's onesided obviously but they wear their 'we're going into bat for you' credentials on their sleeve publicly as they are looking for individual votes.

Corrupt politicians relying on block votes just do the deals behind closed doors and when the deal is suitably favourable to the block the instruction gets passed down the line.

As a LBTH resident with extensive contacts within THLP including those who were instrumental in exposing this stuff I do know what I am talking about, hence I don't discuss issues of corruption with reference to GLA regulations as that's as pointless as saying 'drug dealing is illegal so how can you say it exists'.

Have a pleasant evening and respond if you have anything useful to add. (But wacist is neither true or useful btw).
Here here.

Latest Threads