Khan looks for new voters

Good so both you, me and sam have all volunteered mentoring homeless people. Neither I or Sam noted a desire to vote in their top 500 list of shit to do. You?
Nope - they got more life problems to deal with. Hell, even "normal" folk can't seem to be bothered to vote anyways, apart from those interested or can be arrsed.

But that should never be the reason to deprive a person of a vote, if eligible, whether he chooses to utilizes it or not.

Nope - they got more life problems to deal with. Hell, even "normal" folk can't seem to be bothered to vote anyways, apart from those interested or can be arrsed.

But that should never be the reason to deprive a person of a vote, if eligible, whether he chooses to utilizes it or not.
So no. Cracking.

Lets get back to British people talking about the huge threat of postal voting fraud in Britain.

It's one elegant way to marginalize and forget about voting eligible citizens I suppose.
No one is marginalizing anyone, the fact is they have bigger issues to contend with such as putting food in their belly and finding a place to sleep for the night. So you are going to have to come up with something better than playing the blame game.

Also seeing how you want to go down that route, I suggest you pay a visit to your alleged home State, (no not Victoria, the other one) and have a look at the homeless numbers there and where they originate from. The majority of them shouldn't even be in the country let alone be looking to vote. And what are the liberals doing about it? They're doing the sum total of fuk all to alleviate the problem.

And to and to answer your question (highlighted) above pal, I worked in soup kitchens and volunteering in a few places in Detroit - so yeah, I know a few. And taught kids in the weekends from inner city D, during on Saturdays, those who came from families who couldn't give a shit about them.

So yes, I know a couple or two.
I don't believe you have ever lived in Detroit or Michigan for that matter for any length of time, so I'll treat that statement the same way your abseiling out the window tale was treated.

No one is deprived of the right to vote as long as they legally have that right.

Steamboat

War Hero
Yes, again, not everyone has a driving license either.

Scenario: What if, all you do is pay by cash, hide all your money under the mattress, have no banking of any sorts, get paid in cash, but still want to cast your vote? You might think this is ridiculous in this day and age, but quite a few people in rural parts of the U.S. live this lifestyle. Should they be disenfranchised?
They have drivers licenses... they get to vote if they want to.

Are these SS numbers tatoed under your left arm pit together with your blood group ?
Nah you'll find that those ones have usually been burned off at some time.

Anyway back to London postal votes rather than random wah.

craven50

Old-Salt
Everyone has an NI number. How difficult can it be if Joe Bloggs identifies himself with that when he's voting? It is immediately logged onto an online system and if anyone else tries to use it, bells ring, lights flash, and Joe is arrested.
Does everyone in the UK possess a National Insurance number? Not all do unless the rules have changed.
Enlighten me?

Does everyone in the UK possess a National Insurance number? Not all do unless the rules have changed.
Enlighten me?
You get one when you are liable to be charged it when working. Ie at 16.

craven50

Old-Salt
You get one when you are liable to be charged it when working. Ie at 16.
That's correct WHEN you get a job or set up a business. For tax and NI purposes only. Therefore not everyone needs one actually!
BTW The NI cards are being faced out in July 2020 although you can get a letter stating your number.

par avion

War Hero
That's correct WHEN you get a job or set up a business. For tax and NI purposes only. Therefore not everyone needs one actually!
BTW The NI cards are being faced out in July 2020 although you can get a letter stating your number.
There is a whole buisness model printing fake ones as well. Usually in a basement in Southall.

And to and to answer your question (highlighted) above pal, I worked in soup kitchens and volunteering in a few places in Detroit - so yeah, I know a few. And taught kids in the weekends from inner city D, during on Saturdays, those who came from families who couldn't give a shit about them.
Did you bollocks. Pal.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
No. I was automatically given one when I left school at 16. At that point, I neither had a job nor had set up a business.

So, you're either given one because you're already 'here' and officially in the system, or you can apply for one. So, if you've not got one, why not?

Yet another example of the rights of minorities being more important than protecting the majority.

craven50

Old-Salt
No. I was automatically given one when I left school at 16. At that point, I neither had a job nor had set up a business.

So, you're either given one because you're already 'here' and officially in the system, or you can apply for one. So, if you've not got one, why not?
Absolutely rubbish!

Enlighten me?
NI numbers are also not unique, because their records are shite

Scenario: What if, all you do is pay by cash, hide all your money under the mattress, have no banking of any sorts, get paid in cash, but still want to cast your vote? You might think this is ridiculous in this day and age, but quite a few people in rural parts of the U.S. live this lifestyle. Should they be disenfranchised?
The United States was founded upon the basis of "no taxation without representation", a revolt against paying taxes to a far off British government for which they could not vote.
To paraphrase the diner scene from Heat, there's a flip side to that coin - if you are paid in cash, do all your transactions in cash, keep your cash under the mattress and presumably don't pay tax, then perhaps no representation without taxation might be a lifestyle choice you're happy to have made.

Yes. Again; why should everyone else suffer because these fools won't or can't adapt to change and progress.

Latest Threads