KGVI September 28th

Discussion in 'ACF' started by mwl946, Sep 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. mwl946

mwl946 LE Good Egg (charities)

Anyone else going on this course?

Flying down from Jockland so wont be able to bring a printer tho will have laptop.

Do students have access to a printer or is any other kind soul driving and able to let me use theirs??
  2. Why do you ned one? apart from orders IIRC it's mostly a course whereby you are on the ground running exercises and doing command tasks. That being said it was 10 years ago. Either way, good luck.
  3. mwl946

Thanks! Believe me I'll need all the luck I can get!
  4. I'll be there, i'm taking my laptop and am looking at taking a printer - really not sure if we'll have access to a printer there or not!!
  5. mwl946

Well I did it and survived, tho only just!! Brill course but knackering.

Good to meet SLS there too!
  6. Was a good course, wish I was still there!
  7. How physically demanding was it?
  8. mwl946

Depends on your age etc.

Im 52 and female, and I managed it, surprising as the only exercise i get is pushing my luck!

Seriously, the training areas used are fairly flat and only the section attacks involve much in the way of running - in my case a gentle jog!
    The tabs out on the ambushes are about 1.5k each way.Anything else you want to know, PM me.
  9. Knowing the TAs are flat is enough. I can go as much as I like on the flat, its just hills I don't care for. But I just did a few in Brecon and surprised myself.
  10. mwl946

No hills, honest!
    Get your bid in, go and enjoy!
    And good luck
  11. It wasn't so much physically demanding as mentally - the orders 'evening' is emotional but not impossible.

I am not unfit but do have very unstable ankles, I refused to run during the section attack over undulating ground and the DS were fine with this once I explained why. The other section attacks were on pretty level ground that held no ankle-twisting suprises, so I ran the whole thing. Just do what is in your capability, do your best, don't be afraid to get it wrong and you'll be fine.

Good luck!!