KGVI kit list

Discussion in 'OTC and ACF' started by alan271184, Apr 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. having not received any warning orders/joining orders i havent got any idea about what to expext on my KGVI, could somebody forward a kitlist or any info they have on what i need to take, Being ex-reg i dont want to be the only t**t whom turns up totally unprepared! please HELP :?
  2. Your county should have received the course JIs - they get them every year and should be able to copy a set for you.

General list is:
    C95's uniform
    Fieldcraft kit - (You do not need overnight kit - no stay outs) they can issue you out webbing if you don't have any
    model kit useful
    Laptop very useful if you have one for writing orders / ex instructions.
    Suit & Tie for after hours
    No dinner night anymore so no need for mess kit etc
    Compass (in degrees)
    Copy of Manual (esp fieldcraft bits)
    You now need a letter / signed form from your county confirming you have done your WHT within the last 6 months - they threaten you with RTU if you don't have it
  3. thanks, dreading the course, is it a week of bulls**t or shall i expect to be treated like an human! thought being a civvy in uniform should take the bulls**t element out of courses like this!
  4. Course is a good one - most enjoyable, particularly if you enjoy the fieldcraft aspect. Staff have a lot of good ideas and I learnt a lot and have used what I was taught many times. Bull**** is kept to a minimum - although for the planning parts - there is a lot of paperwork to do. If you get on with your squad you'll have a great time - you have to work together or it's more difficult to do well.

If you're on the one next week - good luck and I hope the weathers good for you
  5. thank you for you help, im looking forward to it! hope weather is fine too.