KGVI/CCF Advanced course - POL the Common Sense moped!

Discussion in 'ACF' started by walting_matilda, Nov 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Please can anyone explain to me why Frimley CTC only has ONE Advanced course a year for CCF officers? ACF staffs are able to attend THREE or FOUR KGVI courses in the same period?

Surely it would be more sensible to offer four CCF courses in the holidays (two basic courses in Aug and Jan and two CCF Advanced courses in April and October) Common sense to me really.......................

At the moment teachers can't really get time off work due to a thing called 'the curriculum'.
  2. You can attend either courses. Does not matter if your CCF or ACF
  3. There are courses for the ACF in march or at the end of April (when the holidays are over) but not during the holidays............
  4. w_m, please tell me you're not an English teacher.
  5. Sorry for the spaz attack. Just so mad..............
  6. Must try harder.
  7. I don't know the DS solution, but I'd guess it's simply down to the number of applicants, if there was a change in the balance of demand, Frimley would change the balance of courses.
  8. That is true, but I dont think a CCF officer is going to pick up the phone to speak to Frimley CTC and ask for a course change date when they have so many already. I think it should come from the top as a spot of lateral thinking and support the CCF.
  9. I do hear what you say, but Frimley will be able to guage demand by the number of bids they land for each course. If your courses were vastly oversubscribed, I'm sure they'd do something about it.
  10. Static Line Pimp has just done his KGVI and there were quite a few CCF bods on it. Why don't you ring Frimley up and ask them WM?
  11. mwl946

mwl946 LE Good Egg (charities)

Were several CCF on my course at the end September this year
  12. Mate of mine called up yesterday and the reply was no. But there is one at the end of April/May! Would it not be sensible to move it slightl back so that it would give more CCF the opportunity.
  13. What question did he ask?
  14. No sure the exact question but along the lines "Would it not be possible to put an Advanced course in the easter holidays"............. Was that a WAH