KGB KILDA GENERATING BOARD -

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by Wanchors_away, Jan 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is there still a detachment on St Kilda.

I am not RE however was detached out there in 1986 for a while and it was a scream. The ARC contractors were also out there at that time, the money taken over the bar must have been phenominal. A more isolated detachment you could not find but I have loads of memories of the place which will follow if this thread gets any interest

2. I think it got closed down in the early 90's.

3. i'm aware of one arrser who hangs out on the Sapper forum who was there for a while :wink:

4. Me too. :wink:

5. knew a sparky that was there. N*d K*ll*.

Linky

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. I can remember building sandcastles on the beach with a D6 and being one of the first to sign my name on the ceiling in the Puff Inn.

7. That was a sand mountain not a sand castle. I stayed on top whilst he tide came in with the stores lad scouse and a few others drinking what was left of the cans untill it was eventually washed away.
    I think we also went through Dune gap that day in the canadian canoe and also the occasional Lobster on the bar.
    The clocks must have gone back whilst I was out there as I remember keeping the puff inn open for the extra hour untill the BSM said it had to close.
    I never did find out what my job out there was, but it was a memorable detachment.