KFC says NO to clean hands

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm surprised this wasn't in the Daily Mail actually.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/K...omer-refused/story-23005809-detail/story.html

So, if you can't do anything that is haram, then what's next?

Unmarried people not being served? Single women? Adulterers? Homosexuals?

Because if you say that anything that is forbidden (haram) is not halal (allowed/lawful) -and you don't want to offend Muslims, where do you draw the line?

Is there a Pander - o - meter to gauge just how diversive something needs to be before it is 'suitably' inclusive? Perhaps there should be security gates in shop doorways to protect people's sensibilities?

I just don't get this whole bending over backwards for halal thing....the Jewish community have managed for years to maintain kosher whilst not expecting everyone else to curtail to their needs they go to places that have kosher and don't go to places that don't seems simple

edit:this isn't outrage its befuddlement

Yokel

LE
From the link:

Suleman Nagdi, spokesman for the Leicester-based Federation of Muslim Organisations, said: “I know alcohol is prohibited in the Muslim community, but I don’t understand why you can’t use hand-wipes - there’s nothing wrong with it.

“Using alcohol doesn’t mean you’re consuming it.

“It seems like an unusual decision to be made.

“In fact, it sounds bizarre.”

Suleman said such decisions potentially provoked some people to start “lashing out” at the Muslim community.

“I’ve never come across anything like this before,” he added.

“KFC have made a commercial decision to do this, and now the Muslim community will face backlash.”

The Leicester-based Federation of Muslim Organisations has called the decision “bizarre”.

Suleman Nagdi, spokesman for the Leicester-based Federation of Muslim Organisations, said: “I know alcohol is prohibited in the Muslim community, but I don’t understand why you can’t use hand-wipes - there’s nothing wrong with it."

Bloody foreigners, coming here and talking our sense.

I'm more surprised than outraged that people are still buying KFC products.
I'm more surprised than outraged that people are still living in Leicester.

It's a franchise, surely the franchise owners have the say. Company owned restaurants of the fast food variety tend to be owned by a variety of companies (mostly car dealers if memory serves me right).

Looks like KFC getting crap advise from someone.
Alcohol is not normally supposed to be consumed, however there are certain circumstances when it can, legitimately. Most chemists in Kandahar city will still prescribe small amounts of alcohol for ailments such as gall stones (No duff).

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Would be interesting to see anything like applied in a healthcare situation. Cross infection these days relies on alcohol handgel.

I thought have thought if it was going to have been an issue it would arisen in health well before KFC given that it is now ubiquetous in every healthcare setting.

(to the extent they have to add flavourings to stop folk drinking it!)

There are two types of alcohol, ethyl and methyl alcohols. One is drinkable and one is poison if ingested so maybe the wood alcohol (Methyl) type is acceptable. However I thought that if it wasn't a deliberate act they would be forgiven or it didn't matter. :cool:

Alcohol wipes do not sanitise hands which are not already clean. The grubby little cock should use soap and water like the rest of humanity.