keystroke logging software

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by speedybham, Jan 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. anyone know of any good keystroke logging software for monitoring activity on pc's?? pref one without any spyware included and free would be even better 8)
  2. Deary me, you aren't trying to steal Runescape accounts are you?
  3. msr

msr LE

Amateurs use software, pros use hardware ;)

4. on a laptop??
  5. only a similar note, is it possible to view browser history after its been deleted?
  6. Is she at it again mate ?
  7. msr

msr LE

Yes. Use a Linux live CD for no local traces ;)

8. I think he meant "How do I look at someone else's browser history after they've deleted it?", not "How do I cover my own tracks?"! :)
  9. If it has just been "deleted" then yes as the delete functionality does not wipe data it simply removes the index record of where the data could be found. If the data was deleted a while ago, new data may have overwritten it anyway, you just don't know.

It all really depends on against what technical skill level you are dealing with, as that's the primary factor in any "can X be Y" question.

Re keyloggers, hardware ones for laptops are a pain compared to software ones. Commercial (hardware) ones about 150 squid a pop less vat and software ones, commercial again should be spyware free and prices vary a lot as they tend to vary on functionality, ease of use etc.

First question I would ask, is what you are looking at using the keylogger for ? (And no, I don't just mean logging keys :p)