Key Roatation Register

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by Soldier_Why, Feb 25, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

I am having a complete mong moment and hopefully some of our more intelligent members can help me out. I have been tasked to produce a 'key rotation register' for the various safes and keeps that we have in my building. Each lock has 3 keys (1 used and 2 spare) that we should have been rotating every six months.

I am sat here staring at the PC and for some reason have absolutely no fecking clue as to how to layout such a thing. Everytime I start to create a format it just looks completely wrong, I am sure it is relatively simple but I am obviously thicker than I previously thought.

Can anyone shed any light for this poor bemused shiney arrse?

2. I've got an old Excel spreadsheet used for key rotations - if you pm me your email addy I can send it to you. It might not be exactly what you had in mind, but it might spur the mind a bit.

3. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

PM sent mike, thanks.

4. PM and email sent.

5. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

Received your e-mail mike but cannot open the attachment as it has been created in a newer version of Excel.

I am using Excel 2002 on any Army machine, any chance you can save as an earlier version on yours?

Many, many thanks.

6. Sent again mate, check emails!

7. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

Received with my utmost gratitude.

Job done mate, many thanks.

8. Less time on COD and that key register could be a gleaming template.

9. Idon't know what the fuss is. The format for the key rotation register is in Part 3 of BAOR supplements to MAS.

10. And we wouldn't want that now, would we?

:D

11. Sub, what key setting are you on? All of the above would appear to be gibberish.

12. if you have an adequate security key register a separate one for rotation should not be necessary..........

13. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

Oh FFS, what's one of them? Best I dig out the MAS on Monday.

14. If you have security keys and they're not in a register then you could have issues if one goes missing!

15. Sub as usual was quite correct, although for one growing so old, he incorrectly gave the Wrong Supplement, as Security of Keys and Combinations was covered in both BAOR Supplement No 7 to MAS Volume 1, Chapter 7, (Security of Information) and UKLFSI No 1. However, if he had bothered to look, there was also a perfectly good Annex to Chapter 7 which showed a Key Register template and explained how to use it, including recommendations for the frequent rotation of security keys.

Sorry for outing you Sub, but remember, I have been out longer than you !