Kevlar pants

#1
dont know if anyone managed to catch the mail on sunday article on kevlar underwear or not?

Anyway, thought that i had better pip in on this issue.

BCB International have "developed" some kevlar underwear that makes claims to be able to "stop fragmentation" to your nuts during an IED...

Now, as someone who makes and sells body armour to people like the FCO/HMRC/DFID etc; i was a bit worried about these claims in the press, claims that i consider no more that advertising.

At 230 M/S, this is almost half of what F1 STANAG 2920 standard, the lowest possible frag testing standard.

http://www.bcbin.com/index.php?productID=1984

make your own mind up!

V50 Testing is STANAG 2920, not NIJ Standards -
http://www.body-armour-protection.co.uk/buy/STANAG_2920_Protection_Levels.html
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#2
jarrod248 said:
Dinger will be over the moon.
He will with your fookin 'gift', you sicko! :twisted:
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#3
jarrod248 said:
Biped said:
jarrod248 said:
Dinger will be over the moon.
He will with your fookin 'gift', you sicko! :twisted:
Did you have a good look?
I felt sickened and ashamed for looking at it, so stabbed it repeatedly with a ball-point pen.
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#4
jarrod248 said:
You'd better not have! That was special and took some posing to get the angle just right.
It's also got a Hitler moustache on it too, now.
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#5
jarrod248 said:
I'm gonna kill you!
Reminds me of a famously camp conversation.

"Sooo, Jarrod, this is a dangerous job. Do you think you are capable of killing someone?"

"mmmmmmmmm . . . . . eventually."
 
S

stabradop

Guest
#6
I have also seen the aforementioned "gift" and my eyes have only just stopped bleeding. Took 8 Grolsh's to dull the memory :lol:
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#7
stabradop said:
I have also seen the aforementioned "gift" and my eyes have only just stopped bleeding. Took 8 Grolsh's to dull the memory :lol:
Only 8?!??!

You're on the turn.
 
#8
I know I shouldn't ask as it will most likely be something so horrendously sick and twisted that I will regret asking ....... but what was it?
 
#9
bomb-int said:
dont know if anyone managed to catch the mail on sunday article on kevlar underwear or not?

Anyway, thought that i had better pip in on this issue.

BCB International have "developed" some kevlar underwear that makes claims to be able to "stop fragmentation" to your nuts during an IED...

Now, as someone who makes and sells body armour to people like the FCO/HMRC/DFID etc; i was a bit worried about these claims in the press, claims that i consider no more that advertising.

At 230 M/S, this is almost half of what F1 STANAG 2920 standard, the lowest possible frag testing standard.

http://www.bcbin.com/index.php?productID=1984

make your own mind up!

V50 Testing is STANAG 2920, not NIJ Standards -
http://www.body-armour.co.uk/buy/STANAG_2920_Protection_Levels.html
The boffins at Dstl know what they are doing. Whatever the outcome is, it will be good for the lads.
 
S

stabradop

Guest
#10
Biped said:
stabradop said:
I have also seen the aforementioned "gift" and my eyes have only just stopped bleeding. Took 8 Grolsh's to dull the memory :lol:
Only 8?!??!

You're on the turn.
Trouble is Biped it's too hot for whiskey otherwise I would still be hammering into a litre bottle :headbang: :dead:
 
S

stabradop

Guest
#11
LordVonHarley said:
I know I shouldn't ask as it will most likely be something so horrendously sick and twisted that I will regret asking ....... but what was it?
True horror LVH, True horror 8O
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#12
stabradop said:
LordVonHarley said:
I know I shouldn't ask as it will most likely be something so horrendously sick and twisted that I will regret asking ....... but what was it?
True horror LVH, True horror 8O
Yes, I was so shocked and appalled, my neighbour is still having nightmares!
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#15
LordVonHarley said:
Biped said:
stabradop said:
LordVonHarley said:
I know I shouldn't ask as it will most likely be something so horrendously sick and twisted that I will regret asking ....... but what was it?
True horror LVH, True horror 8O
Yes, I was so shocked and appalled, my neighbour is still having nightmares!
More shocking than scat porn?
Well, considering my neighbour didn't see it, but is still having nightmares having seen the look on my face, it's pretty bad. Scat porn's got nothing on this cookie!
 
#16
Biped said:
LordVonHarley said:
Biped said:
stabradop said:
LordVonHarley said:
I know I shouldn't ask as it will most likely be something so horrendously sick and twisted that I will regret asking ....... but what was it?
True horror LVH, True horror 8O
Yes, I was so shocked and appalled, my neighbour is still having nightmares!
More shocking than scat porn?
Well, considering my neighbour didn't see it, but is still having nightmares having seen the look on my face, it's pretty bad. Scat porn's got nothing on this cookie!

My Spider Senses are twitching! Its was either a deformed or mutilated c0ck shot or a close up of a ravaged hoop that is close to collapse?
 
#18
bomb-int said:
At 230 M/S, this is almost half of what F1 STANAG 2920 standard, the lowest possible frag testing standard.
230m/s is nothing. HME will detonate in the region of 4000m/s (and that's a low estimate). A person is stood only a couple of feet above that, fragmentation and/or spalling will not decelerate significantly in that distance. Not only that, kevlar will not do much to protect from blast overpressure.

If someone wants to test multi-layered kevlar, try wearing an EOD suit in Helmand heat. They can try mine, I won't be using it.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Army Reserve 36
BaldricksBullet The Intelligence Cell 14
msr Weapons, Equipment & Rations 2

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top