Kevan Jones attacks Joanna Lumley

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Biped, Mar 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Now, there may be an issue of this Ghurka charity taking hundreds of pounds off Ghurkas before forwarding them to the lawyers in the UK, or there may not. This is something that does warrant further investigation.

If the Ghurkas ARE being scammed by a charity, t’s right that this should be investigated, and quite right that heads should roll.

However, for the Labour MP Kevan Jones (who was the guy who tried to attack Gen. Sir Richard Dannatt over his expenses) to try and demand answers from Joanna Lumley as if she is a: party to these allegations or b: she somehow knows something about it and is keeping schtum is rather typical of this particular scumbag MP.

This is the bloke who as a minister of the MoD has done nothing whatsoever to support it, has done nothing but launch into malicious and personal attacks on its soldiers and officers, and now seeks to undermine the supporters of Ghurkas by suggesting that they are involved in scamming them.

I’ve got news for you Jones – you are the one who is doing the disservice, not only to Joanna Lumley, not only General Sir Richard Dannatt, not only to the Armed Forces but also the Ghurkas – as if you actually give a toss!

2. The death throes of a beast in terminal decline, be prepared for Labour politicians lashing out in all directions to deflect attention from their "glorious leader".

3. Welcome to the beginning of the 2010 Labour Party General Election campaign. I expect a tame journalist (probably from the Mirror) will begin an investigation into links between Ms Lumley and either the Tories or Lib Dems.

4. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Jones is a cunt

Thought we all knew that
    It dosen't need investigating or a quango to research it and pronunce me correct

5. Did you see todays PMQs? the scum are now going to be clutching at any crap, to try to appear that they are worthy of re-election

6. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

No, I did not see them. Would you like to enlighten us?

7. I went a bit out of control, was a pretty good slanging match between Dave and Cyclops and the Speaker could not stop the shouting for some time, for a moment or two it looked like he was going to call time out

8. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Don't push him too hard; on a cold winter's night in Belfast he became closely acquainted with death. Cut the poor man some slack.

9. Over what issues?

10. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Loads of comments on said charity here

11. The campaign fronted by Lumley won and the Liabour party in Government lost, hence the bile, sniping, smears and vitriol being produced by this cretinous creature on behalf of his leader.

12. I'll second that!!!

They are on the run.

Time is running out & they are crapping their already full shreddies!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bye bye Gordon, bye bye Labour Party :lol: :lol: :lol:

13. I just love in-depth political analysis so simply summed up in just a few words.

And of course I agree with it.

14. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Actually, I've met him several times in relation to BAFF matters and he's a pleasant, sensible sort of person. Personally, I think the jury's out on whether the Lumley campaign will have done more harm than good. It's hard to see a long-term future for the Gurkhas if they cost the same as Brits.

15. And considering the results of a UK election won't affect me too much, that's the thing I do think is rather sad.

Sad but inevitable.