KETOSIS

Noodles

Old-Salt
I'd suggest that this is ketonuria rather than ketosis itself. A formal blood ketone measurement would be required to diagnose ketosis. Ketonuria is a good screen and indicator for ketosis but is not the be all and end all.

On the basis that ketonuria usually reflects a state of ketosis then I don't see a problem. It's a fairly common state of affairs and a random sample of 100 passers-by would generate 1-2% prevalence.

If it's in conjunction with a high blood glucose though, it's a somewhat different kettle of fish.

In itself, as far as I understand there should be no dramas, just a formal blood test requirement.

Should be downgraded for being fat though...

FiveAlpha said:
Only in the loggies. What with all the non English speakers, rug munchers and PFT phobists you've not much to choose from.
I think you're right there

FiveAlpha said:
mungeous said:
no doubt all the cocks that replied to your question are ultra fit six packed 22/Para Bootnecks
Don't forget iron pecks, steel abs and the RSM of 22

Correct. Fat is the new AIDS. No sympathy.
Hilarious, I never thought about it like that

dangerousdave

War Hero
FiveAlpha said:
mungeous said:
no doubt all the cocks that replied to your question are ultra fit six packed 22/Para Bootnecks
FiveAlpha... it's clear from your other posts that you're a complete moron and a bully. i feel sorry for anyone that has to work around you with your attitude. stick to the naffi and post your rubbish in there :roll:

dangerousdave said:
FiveAlpha said:
mungeous said:
FiveAlpha... it's clear from your other posts that you're a complete moron and a bully. i feel sorry for anyone that has to work around you with your attitude. stick to the naffi and post your rubbish in there :roll:
Dave you're thicker than a whale's foreskin. Remember your RIP comments last night about a potato? I detect that you're also overweight. Stay away from the fridge you dribbler.

dangerousdave

War Hero
FiveAlpha said:
dangerousdave said:
FiveAlpha said:
mungeous said:
Dave you're thicker than a whale's foreskin. Remember your RIP comments last night about a potato? I detect that you're also overweight. Stay away from the fridge you dribbler.
I'd like to think this forum is for serious topics, not the banter or tripe like you post in the naffi. i'll leave it there :roll:

mwl946 said:
Not sure if posted in correct place, but perhaps someone here can help me.

I have a friend in TA who is currently losing weight, very successfully, by following a low carbohydrate diet. This however causes large amounts of ketones and a trace of protein to be present in her urine on testing.

She is shortly to take up an FTRS post. When attending Chilwell, would the presence of ketones etc in her urine cause her to fail the medical?? She is reluctant to come off the diet as it is working so well for her.

Many thanks
You have a friend in the TA who is fat?

No fucking way can I believe a member of the TA is fat! :roll:

dangerousdave

War Hero
Geordie_Blerk said:
mwl946 said:
Not sure if posted in correct place, but perhaps someone here can help me.

I have a friend in TA who is currently losing weight, very successfully, by following a low carbohydrate diet. This however causes large amounts of ketones and a trace of protein to be present in her urine on testing.

She is shortly to take up an FTRS post. When attending Chilwell, would the presence of ketones etc in her urine cause her to fail the medical?? She is reluctant to come off the diet as it is working so well for her.

Many thanks
You have a friend in the TA who is fat?

No fucking way can I believe a member of the TA is fat! :roll:
you FiveAlphas mate by any chance? christ you're like sheep. Are you all out on day release from the zoo this weekend? :roll: :p

dangerousdave said:
I'd like to think this forum is for serious topics, not the banter or tripe like you post in the naffi. i'll leave it there :roll:
Start heeding your own advice civvy.

comedy dave

War Hero
Noodles said:
I'd suggest that this is ketonuria rather than ketosis itself. A formal blood ketone measurement would be required to diagnose ketosis. Ketonuria is a good screen and indicator for ketosis but is not the be all and end all.

On the basis that ketonuria usually reflects a state of ketosis then I don't see a problem. It's a fairly common state of affairs and a random sample of 100 passers-by would generate 1-2% prevalence.

If it's in conjunction with a high blood glucose though, it's a somewhat different kettle of fish.

In itself, as far as I understand there should be no dramas, just a formal blood test requirement.

Should be downgraded for being fat though...
Agree with your comments.
I wonder if the person on the diet has had a blood test, prior to starting. May point out an underlying medical problem or indicators for the weight gain in the first place. Clearly high blood sugars would be a serious issue. Diabetes is a nasty multi-system disease if not treated right.

Yes, full blood profile prior to commencement as weight gain was fairly sudden. Initial thought was hypothyroidism but both TSH and free thyroxine, as well as BMs, entirely normal. Contraceptive injection may have been partly to blame.

Techtechtech said:
FiveAlpha said:
There is something about the way you spout your malevolence that makes me think you inadequte.
You're quite right. I was hindered from birth with a penis, the girth of which would even touch the sides of your own mother's prolapsed clack.

heryam said:
And is this penis attached to your forehead? :p
I think it's currently attached to your mother, along with the rest of the regiments.

Jog on fatty

FiveAlpha said:
Techtechtech said:
FiveAlpha said:
There is something about the way you spout your malevolence that makes me think you inadequte.
You're quite right. I was hindered from birth with a penis, the girth of which would even touch the sides of your own mother's prolapsed clack.
Ah, wrong again..........now I know you are an inadequate child on here to compensate.

Quick update - my friend passed her medical with flying colours. No longer downgraded due to her weight having reduced her BMI from 30 to 27 since her last visit there. Thanks to those who gave constructive advice.

Latest Threads