Keswick2Barrow

I was wondering if anyone had done the 40 mile Kewick to Barrow walk/run. I am planning to do it in May and was looking for any useful advice on it. e.g training regimes, things for the day. how you found it. etc

7 hrs. Sounds about right. What exactly is there to do in Barrow?
Our team is aiming for two bits of silverware. Fastest team overall and fastest millitary team.

Barrow has a nightclub with a revolving dancefloor...... That's about it, though it's not a bad night out if you're of a very brave persuasion!

I think the main problem with Keswick to Barrow is that it's all on roads and is therefore quite boring! You'll have to raise th bar a little to be the fastest overall team. Last year's quickest mil team did it in 9h16mins, a whole two hours slower (bar 5 mins!) than the winning team!

lagunaleonhart said:
What exactly is there to do in Barrow?
Not very much at all. I have a house between Barrow and Ulverston (for sale soon), and avoid Barrow when possible. There is a good curry restaurant, and - well, that's about it. It's not a good place for a night out, or anything else for that matter.

See if you can find a pub serving Coniston Breweries Bluebird bitter, which is very good indeed.

ViroBono said:
Not very much at all. I have a house between Barrow and Ulverston (for sale soon), and avoid Barrow when possible. There is a good curry restaurant, and - well, that's about it. It's not a good place for a night out, or anything else for that matter.

See if you can find a pub serving Coniston Breweries Bluebird bitter, which is very good indeed.
Curry and Bitter after forty miles... Sounds good

Latest Threads