Keswick2Barrow

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by lagunaleonhart, Nov 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was wondering if anyone had done the 40 mile Kewick to Barrow walk/run. I am planning to do it in May and was looking for any useful advice on it. e.g training regimes, things for the day. how you found it. etc

2. 7 hrs. Sounds about right. What exactly is there to do in Barrow?
    Our team is aiming for two bits of silverware. Fastest team overall and fastest millitary team.

3. Barrow has a nightclub with a revolving dancefloor...... That's about it, though it's not a bad night out if you're of a very brave persuasion!

I think the main problem with Keswick to Barrow is that it's all on roads and is therefore quite boring! You'll have to raise th bar a little to be the fastest overall team. Last year's quickest mil team did it in 9h16mins, a whole two hours slower (bar 5 mins!) than the winning team!

4. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Not very much at all. I have a house between Barrow and Ulverston (for sale soon), and avoid Barrow when possible. There is a good curry restaurant, and - well, that's about it. It's not a good place for a night out, or anything else for that matter.

See if you can find a pub serving Coniston Breweries Bluebird bitter, which is very good indeed.

5. Curry and Bitter after forty miles... Sounds good