Keogh Barracks

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by sickboy, Jun 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After a recent course at Keogh Barracks, I am bewildered at the state of the camp and the current quality of common whore students.. The instructors are not exactly the cream of the corp, and the students appear to run the show here..

What happened to the good old days?

A few hours on the drill square did me no harm!!!

2. I was on my CMT1(V) at Keogh and I heard that Keogh could be upping sticks and moving to new premises. Is this true or not?? :)

3. I have been attending courses at DMSTC for many years now. And my does it get worse or what.

Having been residing in the mess i can not believe the noise from phase 2 recruits who seem to party outside the front door after attending either potters or the quays since knock off.

Is it me or, back in the day, as a crow you seemed to run past the mess with your hand over your mouth, or face a shell on your right shoulder and go for a tour round the camp with that nice man the provost sgt.

God bless the depot................mmmmmmmm

4. I have not been there for four years now, and it was bad then. One cocky little sh1te even had the gaul to say to a 2 PARA full screw "you can't tell me what to do, who the fck are you anyway?!"
    Needless to to say it was fun trying to pull a para off a scroat in the middle of champs.

5. When I was a Tom I was conned into volunteering for a "Water Duties" Course at Keogh.

I turned up all keen, expecting to be immediately issued a surf board and Jet Ski. Imagine my bitter disapointment when I ended up hand pumping half of Mytchett Lake into a water bowser!

The moral of this tale... never trust a Falklands Veteran..B*stard!

6. Military training establishments only reflect the the quality of the personell joining the Army, which in turn reflects society.

7. just written to local council about state of road / footpath (lack of) on appraoch to keogh....its only a matter of time before someone gets wiped out walking back from potters!

8. Did you meet the ghost at Mytchett House? Rumour was that someone had hung themselves in the attic and Hess was kept in WW2. Twenty years ago I was on stag there and heard some seriously frightening noises from that attic - this during the day. I've never moved faster - I could pass a BFT then! 8O

9. I agree, it's only a matter of time before one of those young common core recruits gets killed on that road. Ironically, thats when they will pay money out to put a lit footpath in...

I've heard that a few times as well over the last couple of years, apparently they were going to move up north and build a centre of excellence up there with a Field Hospital on the same camp. I havent read it anywhere that its confirmed though and theres probably not enough money available to see it through... Us medics aint at the top of the budget ladder are we :(

10. I've heard that a few times as well over the last couple of years, apparently they were going to move up north and build a centre of excellence up there with a Field Hospital on the same camp. I havent read it anywhere that its confirmed though and theres probably not enough money available to see it through... Us medics aint at the top of the budget ladder are we :([/quote]
    Damn right ! :x

11. I never met "The Ghost" :skull: but like you, we heard some strange noises when doing our security checks (that place was so creepy at night). We didn't hang around for long either! :omg: We were told that while Hess was being kept there, he tried to kill himself by throwing himself off the balcony, unfortunately he landed on a guard who was walking underneath at the time. Incidentally, when my dad was in the KORBR, serving in BAOR, one of his jobs was to guard Hess. He said he was a right B*$tard!!

12. Sickboy Wrote:

That would mean converting a Car Park into a Drill Square :x :roll:

13. Operation Tennyson was the name!....Post mortem of Rudolf Hess at BMH Berlin August 1987

14. I saw the plans for the proposed move to Lichfield yesterday, it all looks very nice but they had a budget of 90 million and have overshot that by a cool 50 million.

The current presiding member at Keogh is involved in the proposed move, i'm sure if you give him a call he will brief you up on it.

Personally I dont see why they need to move, they should spend that 90 million on Keogh and upgrade accomodation and facilities there.

15. Look at the real estate guys, Keogh has got to be worth a mint. Looks like our home will be Litchfield, Joining 33 Fd Hosp no doubt!