Keogh and Troop Names

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by maninblack, May 25, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

Back in the happy days of regimental and corps depots Keogh used to have a rolling programme of troops in basic training named after the VC winners of the AMS.

Does this tradition continue in any form?

MiB, who thinks anyone from Martin Leake is a big girl's blouse.

2. Foxy was in there and he is a big girls blouse......me I was Chavasse :wink:

3. It did ten years ago at Lichfield. I can only assume that Winchester has followed suit (?) I know at 2 Armd Fd Amb they used to have VC winners' names on the side of the decrepit 432s. I was surprised we managed to collectively remember 15 names!

4. I think they still do. Chavasse kicks ARRSE and ML are all girls. The names on the 432s were left by their original RMOs, not that I'm saying they were antiquated or anything! :lol:

5. Careful mentioning this the PC Brigade might deem it unfair to have the names of people who did, and represented, heroic selfless deeds for others. it might be thought unfair to the average run of the mill human or demeaning to lowlife chavs and scroungers, I mean........( Bulldog goes in search of soapbox to stand on)

6. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Harden and Martin-leake were a bunch of ponces and Thompson contained the old boy psychos!

Chavasse was the house to be in!

7. Laid back and couldn't give a damn....Chavasse rocks-yeah!

8. You can pop down and borrow mine mate, I have sworn not to use it today..!

9. Bring it along to me, I feel the need for some soapbox action :twisted:

10. God bless "Temple" 84, we kicked all comers arrses

11. Hartley, Hartley......Jam,Jam,Jam

Its still shouted today at reunion dinners.

They where the days. Long hot summer of 84.

Rab B, thinking up evil sadistic things to inflict on us young men.

Oh how i laugh when i care to remember.

12. evil fecker :twisted: Oh how I laughed watching the adult recruits being fecked about by him and the "screaming skull" :lol:

13. screaming skull was at P&P.
    Had a very nice chat with him.

Ive stopped having the nightmeres as a result. Good therapy

14. I've come over all a sweaty!

Ah the memories, how I loved the delights of being introduced to the brasso / dustbin pastime.

15. Come on Gibo a day wothout you on a soap box never, you are more likely to disillusioned members of the military waiting to leave!