Kenyans Nick Brits on Somali Border

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mr_Fingerz, Oct 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

2. Hopefully the nice young men from Nairobi Box - errr, I mean the Consulate visa dept. - will be paying them a visit soon.
  3. Unless they are the ones who live in boxes
  4. Whoooosh.... right over my head I'm afraid.
  5. They are walking home from the rugby in NZ.
  6. Wah? There might be 500 of those boxes. Box 500 is apparently now a widely known term for MI5 (although I would have thought that 6 would have been the on-hand folk - as we know 5 never, ever, operate outside the UK.
  7. From Wikipedia
    re MI5
    Within the civil service community the service is colloquially known as Box 500 (after its official wartime address of PO Box 500; its current address is PO Box 3255, London SW1P 1AE).[3]
  8. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Without a doubt. Cardiff Arms Park is alive with Somali and Pakistani punters every weekend. Nice to see the Kenyan rozzers have bestirred themselves.
  9. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

New one on me. I've only ever heard The Box. And bizarrely from diplomats, The Cousins. Which can lead to confusion because that is how they also refer to the septics sometimes. But hey, I am not Wiki.
  10. It's all a bit confusing actually as in fact SIS was also known as Box 850, after its old MI6 post office box - apparently.

Whilst drinking with some blokes (and Others) who normally wear green (but were working with the Plod) I chatted with one of the group who, due to a misunderstanding thought I was doing the same thing. I asked her where she was working and she replied 'I'm with Box'. I at once explained who I was and she fucked me right off. I assumed at the time she meant '5'.

I'm not sure that there is any secret about the Security Service operating outside the UK is there? I'm not stating specifics here but I can think of quite a few postings that I knew of. In any case they are hardly going to trust what they pick up from the blokes over the Thames.
  11. Just because some moron decided to dole out passports to any ****** who could get ashore at Dover doesn't mean these people are British
    One is Somalian and the other is Pakistani.

The Foreign Office should ask the Kenyan's to shred the passports and be done with it. After that the Kenyan's can do what they like with them.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Chuck 'em to the lions.
  13. In whilst in my remf role overseas I was often asked to do work for the Box 500 folk who had office space nearby. Surprised me initially, because according to "M" they never work outside the UK.

As for shredding passports, I could not confirm it but I think I heard of one that fell into a fire in a mountainous country causing the holder to be locally detained rather than handed over, like I said I could not confirm it as my memory could have been a copy of the Beano falling into a toilet.

Useless Factoid: Jimmy the Shorttarrse used to use PO Box 500 in Croydon.
  14. What have the lions done. A small walk into the undergrowth with a 9mm would do
  15. more tax payers money being spent rescueing non british nationals from non british police in non british territory. Just because they happen to have managed to get to britain from wherever dosn't mean we should be bending over backwards for these people, if they're up to something dodgy let the kenyans keep them.
    • Like Like x 1