Kenyan Rape Claims

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Bowser-Mong, Mar 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In the Sunday Telegraph today on page 13 (sorry no link) is an article about an investigation into 2000 rape claims against HM Forces over the past 30 years. In a nutshell it says that the investigation is due to close without a single charge being made. The parasite, sorry, "lawyer", who started the "ball rolling", is a person called Martyn Day. Maybe he will have to earn his fee elsewhere.

Same page is an article stating that the SAS is to "question its own role and tactics in Iraq following allegations made by a former member that the elite regiment were taking part in illegal war". :?
  2. Maybe there might have been the odd incident but it seems that this was just Kenya catching up on compensation culture. Maybe a claim for loss of earnings as I'm sure the oldest profession in the world was in full swing when the boys were in town. Considering the infection rate of HIV and the loss of sensuality in full NBC kit with chobham armoured condoms, i would have probably declined their offers of a "good time".
  3. There seamed to be more willing volunteers than there was troops the last time I was in Kenya.

A very high proportion apparently has HIV so it would be a braver man than me to get mixed up with them.

4. Martin Day stood to earn millions from these allegations. He even produced a proforma for the 'alleged victims' which found it's way onto local market stalls via a photcopier.

His actions should be investigated.
  5. And I thought he was doing it through the goodness of his own heart. I've lost my faith in human nature now.