Kenya dead prostitute sky news now

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by brighton hippy, Aug 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Someone is extremely screwed...

2. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

I'm not sure that the immediate assumption that a. the British Army would try to cover up the alleged involvement of its soldiers in a murder, or that b. the Nanyuki Police would assist them, is entirely plausible.

We've seen this kind of thing before in Kenya: the British Army is seen as a soft touch because of post-Colonial guilt and its relatively deep pockets; truth isn't necessarily a factor. Phil Shiner could probably run a masterclass in persuading locals near British garrisons and training areas to sue for all their woes, real and imagined.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

From the link:
    Apparently the bar and adjoining areas were completely destroyed.
    Damages have been calculated at up to forty-eight Shillingi. (48 KES)

• Like Like x 5
  4. Christ almighty. That sounds like quite a fight.

About the dead woman however - It's likely that the punishments for whatever happened have already been handed out and this will be brushed under the carpet.

5. Yeah, that's how it works. I got extras for a month AND show parades last time I butchered a prostitute.

• Like Like x 8

6. Show parades? Thats a bit harsh!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Did you get stick man?

8. After the farce of the rape investigation i cant imagine anyone would have confidence in kenyan justice.
    Even if the persons are guilty mcguilty proving it and fetting a fair trial iffy at best.

9. One of the few times I can agree with you! The farce of the supposed torture of Mau Mau prisoners, which of course now involves the Grandfather of one Barack Hussein Obama, POTUS & Nobel prize winner, where funnily enough the wife of said grandfather claims he was imprisoned in 1949 for Mau Mau related activities when the emergency was not declared until 1952 and said grandfather was a cook for a British army officer and sent to jail for theft, hardly a "freedom fighter" as claimed but hey when do the facts stop a lawyer from putting in a claim against our guilt ridden establishment!

10. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Do people call you Chubb a lot ?

11. oh shit oh shit oh shit...... i didnt mean to...... but she looked so appealing......... with that tusker bottle up her shitter.......... oh shit oh shit oh shit

12. Kenyan prostitute found dead, Kenyans blame British Soldiers, why am I not surprised.

Bet it will be really easy to narrow down people to question, not like Nanyuki is a quite place when there's Grand Prix going on.

I have to say I'm surprised that they actually let people out of camp these days, especially after all the problems people have had in the past.

13. Count your self lucky.

I had my red book "exemplary" lowered to a mere "satisfactory" after the provo found a collection of blood stained womens underwear and a shovel in the boot of my Ford Sierra.

14. I made my mind up about the place when i went on detail one day and drove past a local lying face down in the grass and his mate looking a bit sheepish !!!!
    then he decides to look up from the grass with a smile, weird place