Kent Police praised for "Outstanding Work"

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by zero-over, Jan 10, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 1
  1. I think I just heard BounceBananas cranial veins rupture.

Standby for reams of links proving that Kent Police are indeed... cnuts, as far as he is concerned.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. I think we should all thank Kent Police for their massive contribution to public safety. Gods among men, they are.
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Here here! They seem a bastion of professionalism and impartiality in a ever increasing world of murky goings-on.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Christ, B Squared is gonna go bananas.
  5. He's been very active lately, hasn't he? Do you think it's the full moon?
  6. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Actually, have you read one of the blurbs about the awards? Check this out:

Special Constable Ollie Woodrow and Special sergeant Rob Linkins were also commended at the ceremony.

They were on foot patrol in Canterbury in March when a member of the public approached them with suspicions about a man collecting cash for the Help For Heroes charity.

They spoke to him and became suspicious that he was fraudulently collecting.

After carrying out enquiries with the charity, they were told he was not collecting money on their behalf and he was arrested.

He was charged with fraud by false representation.

SC Rose, SC Woodrow and SS Rob Linkins were each awarded a Certificate of Merit for their professionalism in putting public safety before their own.

So let me get this right, they nicked someone who was falsely collecting pennies and got an award for it? They put 'public safety' before their own? Well of course they bloody did, that's what they're paid for, catching viscous, hardened crminals with a collecting box. Almost as bad as the septics who get medals just for turning up to work.

Give me strength.
  7. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

Sorry: catching viscous, hardened criminals is against health and safety regulations and - after the appropriate risk assessment - police officers have been advised not to attempt it.

8. It's also against the laws of physics - something can't be viscous and hardened at the same time, any more than it can be brightly dark.
    • Like Like x 7
  9. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

Hey leave the Kent Police alone!

Only the other night I was watching Street Wars and they were operating in the Medway area sat having a brew and chat about important policing issues - when out of nowhere a guy who could barely walk started a fight outside the nightclub they were parked outside of. All four of them bravely tackled the guy to the ground, before slipping him into their van.

Luckily there was a camera man with them at the time, otherwise bravery of such high order would have gone unnoticed.

Lee Boardman was quite stern too, in his dialogue - explaining in his harsh, intimidating, northern brogue - that the drunken lout "had a night in the cells to think about his behaviour".

Tough stuff.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Damn...beaten to it....

Curse you!

11. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

I can't edit it you *******, I'm on DII!
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

Glass is a highly viscous liquid which manages to be hard at the same time.

We now return you to our main discussion....

13. So plate glass is a liquid, is it? Or is it a solid which was a liquid before it cooled?

This is more interesting than Kent Police - and if the aim is to drive BB off his head, or further off his head I should say, how do you know that discussing the difference between liquids and solids won't do that? You never know with his sort.
  14. I'm siding with Wordsmith on this one. Glass that has been in place for an extended period of time will often become thicker at the bottom than at the top.