Kent Plod Watch.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
It's a sad day when crime-busting heroes are found to have feet of clay...

Does this mean we have to appologise to Bounce Banana?

Great shame however, chasing effing targets has always been a problem in Kent.

Chasing criminals might have been more effective.
But then you risk police officers suing members of the public for getting a hurty knee whilst chasing a criminal through their garden.

Great shame however, chasing effing targets has always been a problem in Kent.
National problem mate, still hear senior officers ordering No criming of violence/robberies/burglaries etc at last few days of the month.....

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
I'll not have a bad word said against Kent Police - they wind up BB and that, in my book, is a good thing.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Looking at it another way, 9 out of 10 crimes recorded correctly. Sounds okay.

The HO have been battering the Police for sanction detection rates for years and they are surprised that Forces have bent to their will and achieved it.

If you tell an officer he needs X amount of detections per month, he is unlikely to take on unsolvable complex cases.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

I thought all targets had been abolished...

I specifically remember The Home Secretary telling us she had brought it to an end.

Surely she couldn't have lied... Right?

I reckon Freedom of information requests in this area would reveal some frightening statistics and would ACPO twitching.

I thought all targets had been abolished...

I specifically remember The Home Secretary telling us she had brought it to an end.

Surely she couldn't have lied... Right?

I reckon Freedom of information requests in this area would reveal some frightening statistics and would ACPO twitching.
She lied.

As far as FOI requests go, you are correct.

It's not murder, it's manslaughter.

It's not GBH with intent, it's affray.

It's not affray it's common assault.

It's not attempt burglary its criminal damage.

It's not attempt theft of a motor vehicle it's also criminal damage.

It's not criminal damage it's fecking tomfoolery.

It has always been thus.

Kent Police are book-keeping Gods, compared with my old Thames Valley mob.

So Shut it.

Not just a Kent problem. Most, if not all, forces have been at it for years. For example in my old farce my mob (knuckledraggers) would rock up into a certain town centre to be accosted by the neighbourhood sergeant (responsible for keeping a lid on certain types of crime) asking us not to arrest anyone for recordable violence offences (namely public order act offences) and to do so for drunk and disorderly instead. This is because the town centre looks violent on paper. A few weeks later same bloke, different sketch. Detections are low and public order arrests result in...detections.

Strangely enough the new PCC has just ousted the chief constable and one of the reasons was a row over the crime stats.

You couldn't make it up.