Kenneth Williams 1985 "Brexit" debate

Point of order to your point of order. Not meaning to be pedantic, but I'm going by memory, faulty as that may be, not an opinion poll. I realise your poo strengthens my argument, however I do my best to go by facts as I know/understand them.

I have no problem with peoples opinion changing over time. I have a major problem with people who don't like a democratic vote being ignored in a short space of time.
Have a like.

Had you not picked that up recently with project fears recycled doom and gloom stirys
The recent one of dogging will increase if there is a hard Brexit showed how Project Fear really is scraping the barrel of doom and gloom excuses

I'd want to know Barbara Winsors views on the matter before I committed myself.
She's just getting dressed - she'll be with you in a minute...

Neither have the people who've made the argument changed much either. For some weird reasons it's the effeminate types that are pro-EU, and the more self-reliant - tougher - types that are pro-Brexit.

I first noticed this while watching a Brexit stall in Cardiff. I could almost predict who would take an offered leaflet and who would walk off 'with a huffy attitude'.

It was always - without fail - the camp looking guys that refused a Brexit leaflet.
There are no camp looking guys in Cardiff!

The recent one of dogging will increase if there is a hard Brexit showed how Project Fear really is scraping the barrel of doom and gloom excuses
They lost me at the epidemic of super ghonera and avacado sandwich shortages .

tells you who was spreading the fear. people who like avocado on their sandwiches .

3. 1985. The year of the video. Many had now seen the direction of travel that the EEC / EU was heading in, and did not like it. Was the EEC / EU beneficial to the UK between 1975 and 1985 ? It is interesting to note that not once has the UK ever received more than they have paid in.
That is the main point, if it was purely economic and not political we would have been amongst them, horse, foot and guns, and would never have voted to leave.
Margaret Thatcher was instrumental in the formation of the single market because she hoped that commerce would render the Commission irrelevant and that it would wither and die leaving a Europe wide free market of nation states.

Latest Threads