Kenneth Noye up for parole....

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
I think it was claimed as self defence - the copper was in a covert OP when he was compromised, and didn't identify himself as police in the ensuing confrontation. Noye was therefore able to claim that he was in fear of his life...

So it seems Kenneth Noye is up for parole.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-31454562

How did he ever get away with killing a policeman and serving no time?
Cos of a clever brief and a jury finding him not guilty.

If I recall correctly the officer was undercover and was discovered hiding in the undergrowth. A fight ensued where the officer was stabbed. The brief was able to spin it that Noye was in fear of his life and it was self defence. The jury swallowed it.

Other than that we either have a judicial system which reforms and prepares for release or we have one which punishes and locks them up for life.

The latter was available to the sentencing judge (as it is in all severe cases), presumably he thought Noye was contrite enough to give his some sort of release date to aim for.

Noye has served his time, paid the debt society set him at the time of his conviction. We either get on with that or we don't. Personally I have no problem his release will be on licence and they will keep a close eye on him going forward.

I think the outrage bus will be well full on this one........

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Let's not get over excited, it's only a parole hearing, I can see him been turned down and serving another five at least.

I think it was claimed as self defence - the copper was in a covert OP when he was compromised, and didn't identify himself as police in the ensuing confrontation. Noye was therefore able to claim that he was in fear of his life...
And so was able to convince the jury to overlook the fact that he stabbed Fordham repeatedly, way more than would normally be considered 'reasonable' for self-defence!

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
On what basis though? He's not even in a maximum security prison any more.
I'm on the board:-D.
Just my opinion, and I hope I'm right, just look at the mans history, he is of no use to society, a leopard doesn't change it's spots.
If the jury had seen past his lies in the first trial then the second murder at Swanley wouldn't have happened.
Any way let's wait and see. By the way have they shot them lot in Bali yet?

Is this the bloke who came over all gangster with a driver, started a fight and when he was getting his arse handed to him pulled a knife?

S0I

LE
Is this the bloke who came over all gangster with a driver, started a fight and when he was getting his arse handed to him pulled a knife?

I believe the other bloke started all his Karate moves after a road rage altercation and got shanked.

Don't bring Kung Fu to a knife fight.

Surely the time to whinge about him having to serve only 16 years would have been 16 years ago its not like his parole has crept up on us like Xmas. And 16 years seems a fair lump when looking at murder sentneces so not really all that much to complain about. Life licence, I give him a month before he gets recalled for doing 32 in a 30 zone.

MrDave

War Hero
I believe the other bloke started all his Karate moves after a road rage altercation and got shanked.

Don't bring Kung Fu to a knife fight.

If you know what your doing yes, if your only experience of Kung Fu is watching Hong kong phooey then no!.

Noye has served his time, paid the debt society set him at the time of his conviction. We either get on with that or we don't. Personally I have no problem his release will be on licence and they will keep a close eye on him going forward.
There are elements in the police who will tell you that Noye is very much more than the killings he's banged up for. He remains a very influential figure in serious crime, allegedly.

He might be safer inside. Rather a lot of those involved with the Brinks-MAT gold are sleeping with the fishes.

Last edited:
Indeed. A nasty piece of work but probably less safe on the out. Wikipedia covers the Brink's-MAT heist quite well, including:
In 1990, the former treasurer of the Great Train Robbery, Charles Frederick "Charlie" Wilson, had moved to Marbella, Spain, where he was suspected to be involved in drug smuggling.[20][21]Engaged to launder some of the proceeds from the Brink's-MAT robbery, he lost the investors £3 million. On 23 April 1990,[22] a young British man knocked on the front door of his hacienda north of Marbella, and shot dead Wilson and his pet Husky dog, before riding off down the hill on a yellow bicycle.
Now that's scum. Shooting the old lag is one thing, but the dog?

ACAB

LE
Indeed. A nasty piece of work but probably less safe on the out. Wikipedia covers the Brink's-MAT heist quite well, including:

Now that's scum. Shooting the old lag is one thing, but the dog?
The Dog was the brains of the operation.

JoeCivvie

ADC
RIP
I'm sure it was Noyes that got out of a car and threatened me in Battersea in the 90's. I'm big (not what you'd call 'hard') but he frightened the crap out of me.

Latest Threads