Kenneth Horne/Kenneth Williams

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Are on R4 at the moment; a script which hasn't been broadcast before.

I'm sniggering .....

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Damn! I saw this in papers over weekend and forgot about it. A lost script series, I believe.

Is it actually them, or the guys who played them in the play?

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
them. It's great.

Catch it later if you can!

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
If you missed 'Two Kens is Twenty', you might like to know that 'Round the Horne' is being broadcast on BBC Radio 7 at 7 on Friday evening.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Just caught the last ten minutes. very good. I saw the play when they recreated the 'Round the Horne' show, at the Arts in Cambridge. Brilliant!

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
BBC7 now. Navy Lark

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Oh what fun. Just trying to retune my digital doo-dah, as that will be more interesting than 'You and Yours'!

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Need a hand with your doo-dah?

Loved it, looking forward to Friday evening, didn't know they were repeating the series til heard it at the end of the show.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
old_fat_and_hairy said:
Thanks for the offer, but it worked the second time. ;-)

Digital! Pah! Give me the old valve radio with the dials and all those lovely names like Hilversum 1 and 2. Easier to tune and better reception.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Grownup_Rafbrat said:
old_fat_and_hairy said:

Digital! Pah! Give me the old valve radio with the dials and all those lovely names like Hilversum 1 and 2. Easier to tune and better reception.
There is a village not far from here called Hildersham. It always makes me think of the old steam radio. And Luxembourg

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
old_fat_and_hairy said:
Grownup_Rafbrat said:
old_fat_and_hairy said:

There is a village not far from here called Hildersham. It always makes me think of the old steam radio. And Luxembourg
Ah, 208 your friendly station.....

By the way, this Radio 7 is rather fab isn't it? A Peter Wimsey (spoilt by a telephone meeting) and now 'This Sceptred Isle'.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Indded it is. My favourite toy. Well, almost. But I want this radio in my car too. 1200 - 1300 every day. Vintage comedy.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
old_fat_and_hairy said:
Indded it is. My favourite toy. Well, almost. But I want this radio in my car too. 1200 - 1300 every day. Vintage comedy.
I can recommend the Pure Highway for that purpose. Around £80, and plugs into your redundant cigarette lighter. Hey, Presto! by the wonders of electricity and your in-car-radio, DAB in the car.

Signal pretty good most of the time, too.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Thank you, thank you! That is now on my wish/Christmas list. You are not only a woman of impeccable taste, charm, wit and beauty but also have brilliant ideas!

old_fat_and_hairy said:
Thank you, thank you! That is now on my wish/Christmas list. You are not only a woman of impeccable taste, charm, wit and beauty but also have brilliant ideas!

Oooooooh, he's bold!

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
King_of_the_Burpas said:
old_fat_and_hairy said:

Oooooooh, he's bold!
Thank you Julian

old_fat_and_hairy said:
King_of_the_Burpas said:
old_fat_and_hairy said:

Oooooooh, he's bold!
Thank you Julian
Nice one Sandy. :wink:

Get a room you lot.

eodmatt said:
Get a room you lot.
Oooh! That's your actual French. What are you doing in Iran? Did you drag yourself up? Or did you just go casual?