Kennel Affix

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by ugly, Jan 26, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Started breeding dogs dont ya know (accent of rupert in Hussars) and dashed Kennel club chose to reject all our names we chose for or kennel Affix, Revenge I decided was to have some really agressive name ie cerberus but as the dogs are all spaniels I have a cunning plan. I think I submitted Giappsii as an affix. Now say it quickly!
    I hope Maj head up his arse at the Kennel Club has a sense of humour, it has been authorised somehow I dont think we'll be getting authority to show at Crufts EVER!

2. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

I salute you, an act of genius.

3. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

Are your dogs working or residential, and when are you expecting? I'm looking to get a springer to keep my fatlab company.

4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Allworkers, will come docked, registered, innocculated, full KC reg and pedigree, wormed, anything else I cant remember. The next /first litter is from my 20 month English Springer bitch Sassy (minkweir Nolans daughter). there are Ftch etc in the line.
    A good companion, my first 2 springers made my 10 yr old lab a pup again, he lost 1/2 a stone at least just keeping up with them. Pups are due week of 17th Feb, the porky little bitch is an excellent worker and has already made some good seen and hidden retrieves out on our shoot. Send me a PM with e mail and I'll send a pick of the pups when born. It will be 8 weeks so they will be ready about mid to late April.

5. Ugly, I take it that's herself in the avatar piccy?
    A bonny little bitch, indeed, sir!

I'll be going through the anxiety mill myself in March; my second lab will be producing about then...

KC are a bit wierd, on names, I agree.. Should have seen the monickers my first bitch was saddled with!

6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

No Thats my old girl Sheba, unfortunately we cannot breed from her as we got her with no papers and her first season was on the Norfolk broads, just how do you stop two dogs f*cking on a poxy little hoseasons boat? so the wife god bless her had her done.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/24626151/untitled.jpg
    sorry about the size of the image, mod please feel free to reduce, this is the current clan with the girls at about 7 or 8 months. She is the little ESS L&W at the front. Now she is nearly as big as sheba!
    I know what you mean about worry, my wife is due in hospital and they keep postponing, I really need a week off work looking after the chilblains when the pups will arrive making life awkward, mind you would be worse for the wife conavalescing with shitty poo pups everywhere. her litter sister was covered by the same dog and she had 2 bitches & 8 dogs. I see lots of work ahead. Doh thank the lord the season is nearly over and I can concentrate on stalking and dog training.

changed to a link rather than a pic c_c

7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Update between 1600 hrs gmt and 2200 hrs 7 pups delivered, all seem well, the good news is that 6 are bitches and 1 a dog.

8. Congrats! You must be very proud!! 8)

Cigars all round but only if Bill Clinton's not in the house! :lol:

9. Yep, he fathered the lot of them!

10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Has some bitch snitched on me![​IMG]
    Mother and all 7 sprogs doing fine!
    Biscuits AB does that mean you are the hated mobile mashed potato?

11. Hated? Yes.
    Mobile? Most certainly!
    Mashed potato? Wasn't that a 50's dance?

12. Congratulations on a beautiful litter.

I thought docking had been banned unless it was a medical requirement and that the Royal Veterinary College was very anti-docking?

I don't see the need for mutilating a beautiful animal because it's "traditional" or "fashionable". If there is a sound justification for it, please tell me.

13. If they are workers, the tails are docked for practical reasons.

14. Yes, but what practical reasons?? It's not as if the tail is likely to be caught in a gin trap and it's no more likely to be caught in undergrowth or wire than any other part of the dog's anatomy.

Convince me.

15. The tail on a Springer is actaully quite fragile if left to full length. Due to Springers generally being complete hooligans and fearless (some would say brainless!) when it comes to working through the undergrowth, the tip of the tail quite often gets left behind. The only true 4x4 dog! If you have ever seen a Springer working, you will see its whole body moves like its been snorting Coke, the maximum effect culminating in the tail. The rest of its body is very tough (pads tend to be a bit fragile). When the dog works in thick brambles, it tends to use brute force to get through, the dangly bit at the end can become tangled and due to the dogs loyalty, stupidity and need to get the job done. Working Springers usualy only have the last third of the length docked. Having had a few Springers (phnarr, phnarr), some docked, some not, it aint a pretty site seing your pooch run out of the undergrowth with blood p!ssing out of its back quarters because it forgot that it has a full length tail.