KENDRICK TRACTION DEVICE POWERPOINT WANTED

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by kevthemed, Jan 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trying to get hold of, if such a thing exists a powerpoint for the KTD.
    Any help from fellow ARRSE`s would be great.
    PM me if you have anything on the KTD.
    Many thanks in advance.
    KTM

2. Have you tried Google? or contact the Company who make them? Just a thought...

3. Ye tried them all, nothing on google and the company that make them dont have jack shit, apart from the ifo leaflet. Need it to deliver a training session.
    thanks anyway.
    KTM

4. The beauty of the Kendrick Splint is its simplicity. Far easier to use than others on the market, lighter, cheaper and more simple. The downsides are that it can't be used bi-laterally and is a bit flimsy. The instruction leaflet which comes with each item is sufficient to allow the first time user to be successful after a quick glance. I think the last thing you'll want to do is turn a straightforward skill lesson into death by powerpoint. The best way to learn how to use this piece of kit is E D I P!

5. All valid points but i have to take into account diffrent learning styles ala C&G 7303.
    In the old days getting it out the box and playing with it was ok. EDIP was sufficient but teaching it to civvies it needs to have some thing else to explain ishial tuberosity, anatomical layout etc.
    begining to think that it may be simpler to knock a quick 10 slide powerpoint then crack on with the demo.
    thanks anyway
    KTM

6. KTM,

Surely there must be a rep from the company who can come along and demonstrate for you?

L

7. I have done the training in this device myself. I have lost the details of the guy who delivered the training so cant get hold of the powerpoint he used. That and i think hes know in the sandpit doing CP.
    I have contacted the company with no joy, also contacted the various suppliers in the UK and they just supply it, they dont have anybody who can demo it.
    Beginning to get the impression that it was a powepoint he did himself so thats prehaps my only option.
    I have lots to do preping for a course and could have done without having to knock up a powerpoint on top, hence the post on ARRSE.
    The KTD was only added to the requirements at the last moment, i have SAGER but not the KTD
    KTM

8. Cheers mate, tried the KTD manual but it isnt there. Just a load of other kit.
    I will give google another try.
    regards
    KTM