Ken Livingstones Remembrance Day Substitute

Red Ken has attended PSF organised events in Londonderry before (way back in the day).

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
So the teewat wants to have an 'alternative' day?!?!?

As noted - just trying to work on his credentials, just like Broon.

Call me cycnical, but will this event be just before the mayoral election???

Veterans' Day is already established-it doesn't say it is an alternative to anything. Much as I dislike Red Ken I think some unfounded conclusions are being drawn here

devexwarrior said:
Veterans' Day is already established-it doesn't say it is an alternative to anything. Much as I dislike Red Ken I think some unfounded conclusions are being drawn here
Well, it's only been established since last year. The question is why is Livingstone making a noise about it now - when he really couldn't be bothered with it last year? And why has Twigg decided just now to endorse Livingstone's actions? And when is the election for Mayor?

27th June?

The day that George II led his troops into battle? The very last time that a reigning British Monarch would actually do so?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Dettingen

Shame he was a boxhead. :(

Not a bad day for veterans day though :)

Ken's certainly changed his tune.

http://www.exfl.com/transport for London/ken-livingstone/ken-livingstone/ken-livingstone.htm

"Livingstone made perhaps his most controversial move in December 1982, when the GLC extended an official invitation to Sinn Féin leaders Gerry Adams and Danny Morrison. In the event, Adams and Morrison were denied entry into the country under the Prevention of Terrorism Act and met with Livingstone in Northern Ireland instead."

I believe he called them freedom fighters at the time.
I reckon a few veterans might welcome the chance of a chat with Mr Livinstone on Veteran's Day.

Dettingen Day? Good drills Red Ken, you spanner.

Will our serving personnel be allowed to wear uniform? Or will it be considered to upsetting to our ethnic minority bretheren? Or am I being too controversial?????

An occluded front appears to be passing over my tea cup.

Ken may be a knob in lots of ways but, broadly speaking, he has left the majorityof his previous idiocy behind in this job. There are a number of things he has done which are extremely good for Londoners.

He also backed this

Returning London Soldiers Parade at City Hall

Criticise him when he does things that are wrong, not when he does things that are right.

Tankiebootneckdad said:
Will our serving personnel be allowed to wear uniform? Or will it be considered to upsetting to our ethnic minority bretheren? Or am I being too controversial?????
Knowing Ken he will turn it into a multi-diverse-etnic-cultural-educationally challenged-flower waving conshie event. TPerhaps he would get Bono or Geldorf to lecture all about the rights and wrongs of war!

He may be a knob, and he may be doing it for political capital, but he's doing it. For that alone we should be pleased. Once done it would be difficult to drop it in subsequent years, because any mayor who did would attract a load of bad publicity.

I am not a London voter, and if I was I wouln't vote for Ken as long as I had a hole in my arrse, but I welcome setting this event up. And next year, Boris can do another.

Everyone must boycott this event.
Ken is the man who took the "r" out of shirt.
He is and always will be a Red and a danger to this Country.

We already have Nov 11th.

Dilfor said:
An occluded front appears to be passing over my tea cup.

Ken may be a knob in lots of ways but, broadly speaking, he has left the majorityof his previous idiocy behind in this job. There are a number of things he has done which are extremely good for Londoners.

He also backed this

Returning London Soldiers Parade at City Hall

Criticise him when he does things that are wrong, not when he does things that are right.
Dilfor he did this as part of his softening up process of the electorate for the mayoral elections. One thing Ken is superb at, and that is judging the political mood, which is what he did here on the back of a huge wave of public support for the Armed Forces. Remember it was CGS, not Ken, who suggested these parades before Christmas and got quite a lot of grief for suggesting them. Ken has hitched his ban wagon onto them to try and cling onto power. I think its time he moved on to look after his newts.

Mmmm Trafalgar Square - Just a stones throw from parliament sq!

Could always wander down Whitehall to say thank you to our glorious leaders after we've acknowledged red Kens's hospitality!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Current Affairs, News and Analysis 40
msr The Intelligence Cell 14
Davros_the_Dalek The Intelligence Cell 1