Ken Livingstone will face a disciplinary hearing

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Plastic Yank, Aug 31, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There is a GOD!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4198720.stm

Nothing would make me happier than seeing this cn*t made to take "ethnic re-education training"!!

2. Well he's guilty of that charge in my eyes!

3. As much as I can’t stand red Ken, I think this is a little OTT.
    He’s guilty of saying a lot of ignorant things but this case is due to him comparing a journo to a Nazi, if that journo hadn’t happened to be Jewish then no one would have really paid any attention to that comment.
    I really can’t see any justification for disciplinary action in this case.
    Most journos are parasites, this one looks to me like he’s playing the race card.

4. Goku,

To be honest i agree, but the simple satisfaction of watching the Politically Correct brigade dog turn and bit one of its bigger enforcers is just too good to pass up!

Just how many times has Red Ken played the "race/politically correct/social injustice" card in the past 30 years!

5. I do like watching scum take a beating and red Ken does deserve a bloody good kicking. However this is not the right way to go about.
    I can’t stand dirty tricks and this stinks of PC bollix.

Think of it this way, his disciplinary hearing is being funded by public money, our tax money.
    I’d rather see public funds spent on something worth while than a trumped up charge.

6. It's that fact he KNEW he was jewish and then proceeded to slag him off about the nazi camp guards.

Wether or not he meant any harm by it is irrelevant, he DID bring the office of mayor of London into disrepute!

A_S

7. The standards Board for England eh ? - Ken's a berk but can't they go for a more deserving target ?. Might I suggest our good friend Mister Blair .....

8. In theory the Standards Board for England(SBE) could ban him from holding (any) public office... for life. In reality there'll be a storm in a teacup and Ken will walk away with a slapped wrist.

SBE only has juristiction over Local Government officials, MP and ministers are covered by a slightly less ruthless organisation!

9. Quel domage !.

10. Agreed Goku.

Wonder why they didn't do this when Ken said IIRC ""I just long for the day I wake up and find that the Saudi royal family are swinging from lampposts and they've got a proper government that represents the people of Saudi Arabia." during his rant on "Who really funds terrorism" ?

Maybe the Saudi's haven't got a big enough hysterical lobby in the UK? Tut-tut Ken , don't go describing Sharon as a war criminal will you?

He was even attacked over these remarks

http://politics.guardian.co.uk/gla/story/0,9061,1188574,00.html

What's wrong with that? It's true. But his remarks were seized on by the challengers in the mayoral race. It's a witch hunt, because Blair can't bear to see his Redness in the slot again, like some particularly annoying itch he can't get rid of. Good :D

Whatever Ken has said in the past , Londoners like him. Not all Londoners, but enough to return him as mayor over and over again.

Goku - This piece from "Something Jewish" makes interesting reading and supports your argument.

http://www.somethingjewish.co.uk/articles/1010_ken_wins_london.htm

11. For remarks like that, Ken deserves to be disciplined because there he is potentially damaging political relations with Saudi Arabia.
    For comparing a Jewish journo to a Nazi, that’s not even worth a paragraph on page 10 of the Sun…

This is all OTT.

Edited –

PTP, I just read through that page from "Something Jewish", red Ken clearly bears no ill will towards the Jews (although he could have just been lying to get the Jewish vote, never trust a politician :D ).

It seams that these days all you need to do is point the finger and shout “racist” to organise a witch hunt.

12. Of course he is. It's a trivial incident being blown out of all proportion because of who it involves.
    Schoolboy error Kenneth, but it would be nice to see Political correctness being kicked in the arrse by Political correctness.

Maybe some time in the near future we'll all get back to some form of normality.

13. A nice footnote to this episode is that soon after the 'incident', Radio Four's Today programme doorstepped Oliver Finegold, at the offices of the Evening Standard, shoving a tape recorder under his nose. He was painfully affronted and made a huge hoo-har to the BBC about it, complaining about his personal space being invaded; media intrusion, etc. Unfortunately for us, this little nugget was eclipsed by the financially better prospect of shifting more copies through concentrating on the guff about Ken Livingstone. We're left to assume that Joe Public wasn't really interested in the blatant hypocrisy of Finegold, who revealed that Red Ken was fair game, but his own privacy was sacrosanct.

14. As a northerner in exile living in London for the last 20 odd years, two of the worst things living here are Red kens nasal whining newt gobbling voice and the Evening Standard on sale bloody everywhere ; both are in your face, both are crap and I know which one I'd rather wipe my arrse on.

15. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Yeah, the Evening Standard is a bit too scratchy and the print comes off.