Ken Livingstone found guilty in Nazi case

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Myss, Feb 24, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ken Link

As much as I don't like the man, I feel the Panel reached a wrong decision. Although not condoning the name called but had the man not been in Ken's face like that, the whole sorry incident would not have taken place. It just seems to me that KL was just searching his head for an insult to show this intruding idiot how annoying his persistence was - and just happen to choose that one.
  2. IMO, the disrespect that Livingston committed was in not turning around immediately in apologising to the Jewish community and showing that the remarks weren't addressed to them but were intemperate and due to the goading recieved. Instead he waited until the furore got so heated that he had to apologise or go.
  3. As far as i am concerned, he is guilty as charged!

He made a nasty comment (regardless if it had any deliberate religous conotations or not) to a member of the paparazzi who was only doing his job.

Livingstone is a public servant and was elected to represent the people of London as Mayor. With that office comes responsibility for ones actions. He made nasty comments that ended up bringing his office into disrepute. Send him to the tower!
  4. I thought Ken's support of the Jewish community since he became Mayor was a matter of public record?

Obviously , someone thinks that all that hard work is undone by shouting at a gobby journalist. :roll:
  5. Couldn't he just have called him a cnut and had done with it? I'm sure he wouldn't have found himself up to his neck in the clarts at the taxpayers expense for it.
  6. Ken Livingstone should resign, I'm sure if a member of the Police had made similar remarks they would have found themselves out of a job. He is one of the leading exponents of political correctness and his hypocrisy is delicious isn't it? He who lives by the sword, shall die by the sword.
  7. The British left of Ken's era do have a strong track record of anti-semitism. I don't the Jewish Board of Deputies would have complained if it hadn't been for past incidences.
  8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

KL has spouted off often enough on PC issues so he should do the decent thing and resign.

Now hands up anyone who thinks he will :roll:
  9. I agree with this - no police officer, firefighter, paramedic or soldier would have been given the benefit of the doubt based on mitigating circumstances so why should he? Insults based on race, religion, colour or creed are unacceptable to the proponents of political correctness, so I expect ( :roll: ) that those who are normally vocal in these instances won't hold back with calls for his resignation.
  10. Given his support for anti gay, anti British anti Christian Muslim leaders I'm surprised anyone actually votes for the clown.....he happily spends millions of Londoners' money yet no St George's Day, little or no acknowledgement of the English history and tradition of London. Add the congestion charge and his personal support for the IRA even wehn they were killing British people (and soldiers) and the man's a flaming treasonable lunatic!

To the Tower wiv 'im alright?
  11. Didn't he also do a bit of a Sean Connery on his missus once? Got all drunk and abusive apparantly. seems to have a bit of a temper does Mr Livingstone. As far as the Londoners electing him, Galloway was also elected in London so maybe democracy has its drawbacks at times.

I'm in firm agreement with Dozybint on this one too, I'm waiting for the CRE to condemn Livingstone, or how about Lee Jasper, Livingstones Race Relations advisor?
  12. Exactly!!!!

If it had been someone else in a position of power, they would have been out on their ear (unless they were a Blairite appartchik!)
  13. Imagine the trouble any one of us would be in if we were to do the same at work? Its long past the time that Red Ken should have gone.
  14. IMO Cnut just means idiot, not necessarily giving example of how KL 'persecuted' felt by the journo's presence.

So, do people think KL called him the name with prior knowledge that the journo was Jewish and it was meant as a personal slur?
  15. KL has been at the vanguard of political correctness for years. This is known as "reaping what you sow".

In response to MyssL, the conversation went like this:

So even after being made aware that Mr Finegold was of a Hebrew persuasion, he repeated his comment.