• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Ken failed... What do you think about rights of homosexuals?

Public events where participants express their sexual preferencies should be prohibited

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes with exception for homosexuals only.

• Yes with exception for homosexuals and some other groups.

• No.

• I don't care.

• Total voters
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4741178.stm

London's mayor, Ken Livingstone, has called on his counterpart in Moscow to scrap a controversial ban on gay pride marches in the Russian capital.

The mayors of Berlin and Paris [gays thamselves] also urged Moscow's Yuri Luzhkov to rethink.

But http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/5023466.stm

He said that as long as he was mayor he would not allow such events to take place.
More than 70 people have been arrested in Moscow after activists tried to hold the city's first gay rights rally, despite a ban on the event.
[gay] activists tried to lay flowers at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
Nationalist groups expressed anger at the nature of the action at the tomb.
Eyewitnesses said several foreign gay rights activists were beaten by protesters.

Frankly speaking I thinks that any public events where participants express their sexual preferencies should be prohibited including

1. Fans of group sex.
2. Zoophiles.
3. Necrophiles.
4. Onanists.
5. Homosexuals.
6. Pedophiles
7. Women for two legal husbands.
8. Supporters of harem system.
9. Supporters of Swedish families.

MSI64 said:
Not even sure why this thread was started
Gay activists tried to lay flowers at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Moscow. Many veterans were insulted. It is a conflict.

I suppose that any naked person in London would be immediately detained by police. Moreover the majority would approve it. While any individual is free to walk naked in his house. So some prohibitions to express sexuality exist. Where is a border? It is a reasonable question.

If rights of homosexuals should be respected then what about other sexual groups with other sexual preferencies? Should they have the same rights? It is not so simple question.

Secret services frequently use homosexuals as agents (KGB used them for example). Cambridge 5 springs in mind (some were gays). So the theme is connected to security problems.

I hope you agree that the theme is at least not empty.

KGB_resident said:

London's mayor, Ken Livingstone, has called on his counterpart in Moscow to scrap a controversial ban on gay pride marches in the Russian capital.

He makes me sick. He compared a journalist to a concentration camp guard and then comments that such marches should be banned. Who's the mini Nazi now!!!

india-juliet said:
KGB_resident said:

He makes me sick. He compared a journalist to a concentration camp guard and then comments that such marches should be banned. Who's the mini Nazi now!!!
You don't understand. Mr.Livingstone urged Moscow's mayor to allow the march. But he failed. Mr.Luzhkov is firm in his decision to ban it.

KGB_resident said:
india-juliet said:
KGB_resident said:

You don't understand. Mr.Livingstone urged Moscow's mayor to allow the march. But he failed. Mr.Luzhkov is firm in his decision to ban it.
Opps, sorry to many beers last night, I read it wrongly. Anyway I hate that idiot Ken!!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
One thing springs to mind, if people want equality then everybody is equal, that means you don't need special marches to prove yourself.

Would you for example be allowed a hetrosexual march!

Positive discrimination often causes as many problems than it solves.

Fang_Farrier said:
One thing springs to mind, if people want equality then everybody is equal, that means you don't need special marches to prove yourself.

Positive discrimination often causes as many problems than it solves.
That's true, but only if said group has equality in society, not just in law, but in the acceptance of the populous. Homosexuals don't quite have it yet, and it is through these marches that any group gains recognition and support. Once equality is gained in a measurable way, then yes, no marches are required, but that takes time.

Look at women. 90 years after suffrage and they are still less equal in society to men.

Chalky - homosexuals have more rights than unmarried heterosexuals.

I don't think for one minute that these marchs encourage acceptance of homosexuality, if anything they make people wish that the homosexual community would shut up and quietly get on with their lives.

Fang_Farrier said:
Damn, I've often thought of this. How fun would a Straight Pride March be?! What a gret excuse to get poofaced and drop the hand - a bit like a formalised version of a good Saturday night really.

KGB_resident said:

Frankly speaking I thinks that any public events where participants express their sexual preferencies should be prohibited including

1. Fans of group sex.
2. Zoophiles.
3. Necrophiles.
4. Onanists.
5. Homosexuals.
6. Pedophiles
Sergey, this last bit cracked me up. Ive been in tears for the last ten minutes, im in pain from laughing. 'Supporters of Swedish families' What the f*ck is a 'Swedish Family'?! They must be bad muthafu*kers if they have been included in a list which includes paedophiles and 'fans of group sex'! Are fans of group sex a real organisation? Someone help me ot here!!!

Hmm, I might be with Sergey on this one, I for one don't think that an individuals sexuality should have any bearing at all. If you allow one sexual difference why not allow them all, incest? Animals? sex with minors? I know you could argue where is the consent, however we kill animals for food and if two adults are related then why not, as for minors if the girl/guy is 14 or 15 its wrong but 16 is ok? Maybe we should have a march for peodophiles rights? I know I'm playing devils advocate, however why is one group so special just because of their desires?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Google no help with "Swedish family" and if there's something even slightly dodgy about a phrase, google can usually bring up the links. Whether the Web marshall lets you access the links is another entirely different matter!

The level of debate here makes the Daily Mail look like intelligent reading.

I can't believe we haven't had a, "It's political correctness gone mad!" yet.

KGB_resident said:

The mayors of Berlin and Paris [gays thamselves] also urged Moscow's Yuri Luzhkov to rethink.

But http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/5023466.stm

He said that as long as he was mayor he would not allow such events to take place.
More than 70 people have been arrested in Moscow after activists tried to hold the city's first gay rights rally, despite a ban on the event.
[gay] activists tried to lay flowers at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
Nationalist groups expressed anger at the nature of the action at the tomb.
Eyewitnesses said several foreign gay rights activists were beaten by protesters.

1. Fans of group sex.
2. Zoophiles.
3. Necrophiles.
4. Onanists.
5. Homosexuals.
6. Pedophiles
Sergey, WTF? Are you pissed?

Can't see the problem here really.

The poofters wanted to stage a Gay propoganda sorry I mean Pride march and the local plod said "NO! This is not a good idea because you will get hurt".

They Gays then went ahead and marched anyway some got arrested for breaking the law and some of them got hurt.

Now you can argue about wether the locals had the right to counter demonstrate but you can't blame the local mayor or the cops, they did their jobs.

Latest Threads