Ken Dodd has died aged 90

Just to keep you all abreast, Doddy has left the station.
Gone off with our Bessie to be refurbished.
That is all.

If I tell @A signaller that Ken Dodd and his Diddymen frightened the shit out me when I was a child, and still does, will he give me a 1000 word paragraph on my lack of sense of humour, how it was in London in the 1930s, and a random snippet from when he was in the Army in 1852?

I did meet the buck-toothed comedian once though, apparently (Doddy - not Signaller chappy), when I was a small(er) child. I was in my pram and he came and said hello to me - probably chucked me under the chin and said chuchy chuchy coo. This may have something to do with my inherent fear of him.

I liked him because he didn't have to resort to sweary Mary to get a laugh. I just couldn't look at him. Sorry.

Doddie's funeral, 28 March Liverpool Cathedral. Could be a long service.

CFB
Which cathedral? There's two.

If I tell @A signaller that Ken Dodd and his Diddymen frightened the shit out me when I was a child, and still does, will he give me a 1000 word paragraph on my lack of sense of humour, how it was in London in the 1930s, and a random snippet from when he was in the Army in 1852?

I did meet the buck-toothed comedian once though, apparently (Doddy - not Signaller chappy), when I was a small(er) child. I was in my pram and he came and said hello to me - probably chucked me under the chin and said chuchy chuchy coo. This may have something to do with my inherent fear of him.

I liked him because he didn't have to resort to sweary Mary to get a laugh. I just couldn't look at him. Sorry.

Which cathedral? There's two.
The one with a queue?

Anglican 1300.

CFB

Last edited:
It's the cathedral at Liverpool L1 7AZ St James Mount, off Upper Duke St to Cathedral Gate, or from Hope St to St James Mt and gardens. Liverpool Cathedral - How To Find Us. It's a good day out and there's plenty of transport.

I was reading a (almost certainly unauthorised) biography of Ken Dodd, about 10 years ago,

The author wrote that Dodd would never retire but perform right up to the end; the problem would come when his prodigious memory would start to fail- as it inevitably would.
It's good that Ken Dodd was spared that fate.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Current Affairs, News and Analysis 40
msr The Intelligence Cell 14
Davros_the_Dalek The Intelligence Cell 1