Ken Dodd has died aged 90

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Chanel 5 now, it's a repeat but well worth it...

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
RIP Sir Ken. Meant with all sincerity.

P.S can I have first dibs on any house clearance.
It's in Liverpool. You'll have to be quick

I wonder if there is any footage of his World record breaking 1500 jokes in 3 1/3 hours session.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Chanel 5. Smells like cat piss when applied to ginger women.
that's cos you are not applying enough to cover the cat piss smell of the ginger women

Stumpy4154

LE
Book Reviewer
HMRC didn't find him funny, especially after he was acquitted on all charges of Tax Fraud.
Apparently his defence was that when Income Tax was introduced it was one penny in the pound. He thought it still was.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
that's cos you are not applying enough to cover the cat piss smell of the ginger women
That may be true. However the cost/benefit ratio for buying Chanel no 5 for a ginger woman for a shag is not favourable.

Watching Doddy now. Normal prog shafted.

For those over sixty the loss of Ken Dodd feels like the closing of a door.
I cannot think of any of the comedians from the early sixties who entertained us as children that are still with us. Must be some though.
It feels like a berievement.

For those over sixty the loss of Ken Dodd feels like the closing of a door.
I cannot think of any of the comedians from the early sixties who entertained us as children that are still with us. Must be some though.
It feels like a berievement.
Not many - Des O'Connor's still kicking about (and yes, he was a comedian and host of Sunday Night at the London Palladium). Other than that you've got to come down a generation to the likes of Jimmy Tarbuck (born 1940) and they're the elder statesmen now.

Ever smart, he married his love, just in time to snatch his fortune away from HMRC.

He had a very good voice indeed. The slight imperfection being his prominent teeth which gave his delivery a slightly hissy quality (a problem also experienced by Freddie Mercury).
His songs (particularly the early ones) were a bit old-fashioned - even for the times, but it didn't seem to harm sales.

My bold, I happened to watch the tribute programme last night on which were a couple of snips from interviews he had with Parky & Wogan. In one he recounted that a dentist had offered to straighten them in his early days, he said he would consider it but said after talking to his agent & friends, decided against it as it was part of his comic persona!

Thank you, amended, yet again.
Not me. Sod all those bouncy, upbeat tunes at funerals.

I want people to be wailing, beating their breasts, gnashing their teeth, prostrate, catatonic and inconsolable in their grief at my passing.
You do realise they will be pissing themselves in the ailses laughing..

When it comes to successful people not buying huge gaffs, it happens a lot apparently, for example I know an international drug mule, first class translator and world renowned picture restorer who insists on living in a run down shithole flat in Nottingham.

Hmm.. I think you mean in its own fevered imagination, in reality its just a deluded would be SJW with a huge chip on its shoulder :-(

please gentlemen, just for this thread, please keep the snipeing, slagging, name calling in the pigs bar- Naafi, it supposed to be in memory, and a celebration of a much loved national treasure, unique in the annuls of comedy, just this once, please chaps. Its not too much to ask.

Last edited: