Ken Dodd has died aged 90

Sir Ken Dodd, the last of the music hall entertainers has died, he will always be remembered as the ultimate family entertainer, no smut, no filth, swearing or character assassinations, always happy and cheerful. His shows were renowned for running over by hours. He was an accomplished singer and had records in the top ten. And for the kiddys, the wonderful diddy men, His shows were for all the family, mums dads children and grandparents, nothing offensive, and always joyful. His humour crossed the class divide, from kings to commoners, all enjoyed his humour and infectious cheerfulness. I do sincerely hope that his home city of Liverpool, give him a suitable send off, befitting a true and faithful son of that fair city.

Last edited:
During his live shows, especially private bookings like work do's, he was a consummate professional and a lot more blue in his material, than what you saw on the telly, and therefore a lot more funny.

I know someone that went to see him a few years ago never left the theatre until around 1ish in the am as he just kept going and going

Baglock

On ROPS
On ROPs
My father saw him about a year ago, said he was still in good form and the show went on for hours.

Impressive from a nonagenarian

There are some that don't, hence the post.
And the posts all over the Dead Pool an hour before yours.
I think Doddy was a popular enough entertainer to deserve being brought to the attention of those on here who don't scan the dead pool pages on a daily basis.

My Missus went to see him a year ago. She loved him and although I've never seen him other than on the telly, I thought he was an entertainer with a certain uniqueness. He certainly made me laugh when I was a youngster although his act didn't make me laugh so much when I became older.

The announcement of his death this morning and the reference to the fact that he was the last of the music hall entertainers did make me think for a minute of how television has changed. Saturday night at the Paladium etc certainly is a thing of the past.

I hope Liverpool does give him a fitting send off. I do think he promoted the city through his comedy in a funny but very positive way and he's owed that.

I think Doddy was a popular enough entertainer to deserve being brought to the attention of those on here who don't scan the dead pool pages on a daily basis.

My Missus went to see him a year ago. She loved him and although I've never seen him other than on the telly, I thought he was an entertainer with a certain uniqueness. He certainly made me laugh when I was a youngster although his act didn't make me laugh so much when I became older.

The announcement of his death this morning and the reference to the fact that he was the last of the music hall entertainers did make me think for a minute of how television has changed. Saturday night at the Paladium etc certainly is a thing of the past.

I hope Liverpool does give him a fitting send off. I do think he promoted the city through his comedy in a funny but very positive way and he's owed that.
You put it much more succinctly than me, thank you.

Have a "like" for that remarkable display of restraint.
I have amended the original script to omit my colossal balls up, I do apologise, no excuses, lack of attention to detail, old age, lack of sex, a bit sad at the loss of something that you think will be always around to cheer up a dull day, ....I'll get me coat........

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Update of an oldie..

Di's dead
Dodi's dead
The Dodo's dead
Now Dodd's dead

Dido must be sh1tting herself..

He was one of a breed that has all but gone.

With few exceptions now, comedians are political or are unable to deliver anything without sneering. Doddy came from a more innocent age of entertainment where nonsense ruled. I think that the nearest he ever got to politics was, "What a marvellous day for going up to the Russian embassy, knocking on the door and saying, 'Is Len in?'"

He was one of a kind. Thanks Doddy.

He was one of a breed that has all but gone.

With few exceptions now, comedians are political or are unable to deliver anything without sneering. Doddy came from a more innocent age of entertainment where nonsense ruled. I think that the nearest he ever got to politics was, "What a marvellous day for going up to the Russian embassy, knocking on the door and saying, 'Is Len in?'"

He was one of a kind. Thanks Doddy.
You forgot 'without shouting'. Most of today's lot think shouting equals very very funny. The unfunny pillocks.

You are right, my mistake thanks for that, F***** up again
I refer you to my post in another thread about the roly poly's and you sir, fit in to the dribbling 3rd.

DaManBugs

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
What a shame he's dead. He had some really good one-liners and I rather liked his humour. I'm sure the city of Liverpool will give him a fitting send-off. It seems quite remarkable that he never moved out of the house in Notty Ash in which he was born. Normally, successful folks go in for huge gaffs with swimming pools.

I wonder if he's in for any "post-humourus" awards.

MsG