Ken Branagh = Tim Collins!

He's not perfect. As someone mentioned before, you either love him or hate him. From someone who was there and witnessed his speech, then laughed at the red head female journo hung out of his ass.

Time to start the old "rusty roof - damp cellar" jokes

Gaz3447 said:
He's not perfect. As someone mentioned before, you either love him or hate him. From someone who was there and witnessed his speech, then laughed at the red head female journo hung out of his ass.
Perhaps she was the one that wrote the 'great' speech and was impressed at the delivery?

Private_Pike said:
I'm surprised he didn't demand that he play himself.
You know for sure? TC could do with a bit of media exposure these days,civvy strasse being what it is.

Fanbasher said:
He's definitely a love him or hate character - I have quite happily followed him in the past - purely out of Curiosity mind you .... just not looking forward to Ken's dodgy Ulster Accent ... at least its not that bloke who plays Murphy...
Branagh does NOT have a dodgy Ulster accent. As I recall his first tv appearance in a 'Belfast' play with James Ellis was fairly foot and mouth perfect.

Private_Pike said:
Hung out of his aarse??
Naaaah, I'm a Ken Hames afficienado (sp ?) who was surrounded by cameras yesterday outside of Buck House. Go ya wee man ye!

Ken Hames: not so much nails as hard enough to eat (and sh1t) nails.

Private_Pike said:
Ken Hames: not so much nails as hard enough to eat (and sh1t) nails.
Yup and before we go to far off thread...... Branagh & TC the quintessential meeting of egos aaahhh....errrr.... minds rather.
Are they known to be talking to each other or dealing through interpreters?

Alec_Lomas said:
Private_Pike said:
Hung out of his aarse??
Naaaah, I'm a Ken Hames afficienado (sp ?) who was surrounded by cameras yesterday outside of Buck House. Go ya wee man ye!
and anyone who knew Ken Hames when he was serving will tell you that he was a bully from the same mould as Collins.

On the other hand, Branagh was quite effective in his version of "King Henry V", by Shakepeare. If he keeps it simple and straight it might just work. Let us hope it does.

OldSnowy said:
From the media today:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7207576.stm

"Kenneth Branagh will star in one of a series of hard-hitting short BBC films based on the invasion of Iraq in 2003.
He will appear in the last episode of 10 Days To War, which tells the story of the build-up to military action.

Branagh plays Colonel Tim Collins, whose speech to British soldiers hours before they went into battle in Iraq made headlines around the world."

Having enjoyed Mr Branagh's playing of Gilderoy Lockhart, the egotistical and narcissisitic teacher in a recent Harry Potter film, I wonder how he was selected agree, and how on earth he is qualified to play Ex-Col Collins :roll:
Well he did Henry the Fifth. I think he can stretch to GW1.

edit....sarcasm aside. isn't KB a bit old for the part.

Rooper said:
Alec_Lomas said:
Private_Pike said:
Hung out of his aarse??
and anyone who knew Ken Hames when he was serving will tell you that he was a bully from the same mould as Collins.
Never met Hames other than the tv version which in my opinion shows him and 'the military system he comes from' in a very positive light.

I had a beer last night with a former PWRR Sgt who knew him very well and rates the guy very highly indeed. So there you go.

Handsome said:
OldSnowy said:
From the media today:

"Kenneth Branagh will star in one of a series of hard-hitting short BBC films based on the invasion of Iraq in 2003.
He will appear in the last episode of 10 Days To War, which tells the story of the build-up to military action.

Branagh plays Colonel Tim Collins, whose speech to British soldiers hours before they went into battle in Iraq made headlines around the world."

Having enjoyed Mr Branagh's playing of Gilderoy Lockhart, the egotistical and narcissisitic teacher in a recent Harry Potter film, I wonder how he was selected agree, and how on earth he is qualified to play Ex-Col Collins :roll:

edit....sarcasm aside. isn't KB a bit old for the part.[/quote]

Make up and lighting darling....... do keep up with the times

Alec_Lomas said:
Handsome said:
OldSnowy said:
From the media today:

edit....sarcasm aside. isn't KB a bit old for the part.[/quote]

Make up and lighting darling....... do keep up with the times
more cgi than godzilla imho

If the programme is only ten minutes, how will they get all the speech in? The real one went on for over 40 minutes and ran well into scoff!