Ken Branagh = Tim Collins!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by OldSnowy, Jan 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

From the media today:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7207576.stm

"Kenneth Branagh will star in one of a series of hard-hitting short BBC films based on the invasion of Iraq in 2003.
    He will appear in the last episode of 10 Days To War, which tells the story of the build-up to military action.

Branagh plays Colonel Tim Collins, whose speech to British soldiers hours before they went into battle in Iraq made headlines around the world."

Having enjoyed Mr Branagh's playing of Gilderoy Lockhart, the egotistical and narcissisitic teacher in a recent Harry Potter film, I wonder how he was selected agree, and how on earth he is qualified to play Ex-Col Collins :roll:

2. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Sorry mate not sure of your point there. He's an actor and will be acting. He's played, Henry the fifth and even Heydrich in the past and did a pretty good job at both, he didn't have to join the SS or Royal family to do it.

3. Presumably the tenuous link is that they are both from Ireland?
    Although having met Col.Tim, I think he could make quite a good job of playing himself, doesn't need an actor understudy.

4. I'm surprised he didn't demand that he play himself.

5. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

It's a 10 minute film so there won't be much in it
    Are we going to see Mr Branagh deliver Col Collins's speach in a "we few we faithful few...." Henry V style?

6. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

..and he calls himself a professional :roll:

If he was really any good he would have been goose stepping around Buck house, clicking his heels and straight arm saluting HM.

7. Brando would've, though. That's real method acting.

8. Yeah, but he's not supposed to be playing Prince Harry.

9. Ouch, you'll burn for that 8O

10. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Damn quick and funny though :D

11. I think oldsnowy was suggesting Timmy was an egotistical narcissist.

I've met him and he comes across as quite a decent chap though.

12. So why does he project himself as Snowy suggested?

13. Did you have your blinkers on?

I've also met him and he comes across as a bully and a fcuking pr1ck.

14. It's a pity John Wayne isn't still alive to play the part as it will take one big f*cking cowboy to do it justice!

15. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I've never met him but read his book. He is one of those people who you either love or hate it seems.