Ken Bigley

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by blessed baby cakes, Oct 8, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Very sad..
    what can you say about it..nothing good....
    Well if his family read this...which i doubt i am deeply sorry for their loss.

2. It just goes to show that the people (and I use the term very loosely) are not willing to negotiate or listen to anyone or any reason.
    My deepest sympathies to his family.

3. Poor bugger.

Memo to self though: if I ever go to Iraq as a civvy, I must remember not to hire Iraqi security guards.

4. How guilty do you think Billy Connolly feels

5. Probably not great... on the other hand, Connolly does have something of the look of a crazed Islamist about him.

6. probably doesn't give a sh!t as long as he gets free publicity out of it and fill his halls up

7. too right, jokes about a bbq at bradford didnt seem to hinder chubby for too long.

still, words fail me for his family, RiP

8. Flyingrockdj

Flyingrockdj War Hero Moderator

He did not have security guards, chose to live in a vulnerable location and drove a 4x4 with company logo on the door........................ever heard of risk assessment!
    It does pain me so that these people put them selves into these situations voluntarily and with huge pay packets whilst our troops are there with little choice.

Not that I do not feel sorry for his family. in much the same way I would feel sorry for someone who played on the M25 blindfold at midnight!

9. Wasn't Billy Conolley a Para? strikes me as a bit of extreme squaddie humour.

RIP Ken.... bet it hurt like Fcuk

10. Yes, he behaved like a twat and it's cost him. Doesn't stop me feeling a tad genocidal at the moment, which is, I suppose, his captives' intention.

11. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Yeah.....very sorry for the family, but the reason people are earning $500 a day driving trucks out there is because of the risk....I don't know the circumstances of how this poor guy and his colleagues were lifted but all the above stands. No consolation to his loved ones, but once he was in the hands of these murdering scumbags the chances of him getting home in the face of the ' No negotiations with terrorists' line were pretty remote.

Requiescat

Le Chevre

12. fcuking animals!

condolences to the family. very sad news

13. Can someone enlighten me please as to Billy Connloy's involvement in this? I must have missed something.

14. He appeared on stage at the weekend askign the captives to hurry up and top him

bet he feels a right cnut now 8O