Keith Vaz: The moron's at it again

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by BrunoNoMedals, Nov 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

As I recall this isn't the first time Fat Keith has turned on gaming as the source of all society's evil. Loving the fact that this time he's basing his judgement on the words of some bloke off the street - quite literally, in this case. Also like his request to implement and enforce age ratings on games, too. I mean, the three separate methods we have now obviously aren't enough...

Vaz blames ‘racist shooting’ on video game | Liberal Conspiracy

The guy needs a slap. Is there a game on the market that lets you practice beating retards about the face?

2. I completely agree with you. Unfortunately we live in a world where people like him get elected to power, and if we walked up to him in the street and kneed him in the groin or even better put a bullet through his fat head we would get sent down for it.

Tam

3. I think it is very hard to believe that the games people play on computers have no effect on some people in real life.

There was a nice little outrage thread going on here a few days ago where a 'gamer' punched a toddler in the liver and killed her because she was interrupting his computer game.

They 'validate' violence. Most people can separate the games from reality and just use them as what they are, a toy.

With some people the toyland fantasy nature of these games escapes them and it seeps around the edges to affect their behaviour in real life.

How you react to that and whether you think it is worthwhile or even possible to regulate these toys is an entirely different matter.

But saying 'playing with these things does not affect me so there is no problem' is no argument, because no-one said they get inside everyone's heads.

4. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

That woman was playing Farmville, for fuck's sake. Not exactly Manhunt, is it? That type of personality would've beaten the kid for crying at night or interrupting Jeremy Kyle. Playing games does not make you crazy - it's just another outlet for people who already have issues, just like music or film.

P.S. I've seen more violent action on CBBC than I have playing Counterstrike.

P.P.S. Do you reckon we could give Fat Keith an aneurysm by letting him know that we're training our own killers using computer games? Apologies for the blatant plug.

5. Hates gonna hate...
    in other news, anybody want my spare Half Life 2?
    Add on steam davies_m and will gift it.