Keith Vaz Resigns...

BarcelonaAnalPark

LE
Book Reviewer
I might have previously reported in these hallowed pages - but a few years back he wrote an article for an Indian newspaper about how Indian citizens resident in the areas of Goa or Damian and Diu who had Portuguese ancestry could apply for Portuguese citizenship and get entry to the UK as EEA citizens.

Most of them ended up in Swindon, but a few thousand ended up in Leicester where I am sure they were very grateful to him (I seem to recall there were something like 3 million eligible!)

Oh and he used to be the chair of the immigration committee in the HoC.

A lawyer would point out that he did nothing wrong. Someone with a functioning moral compass would kerb stomp that lawyer and bury them in a shallow grave.
I've got a distant relative in Swindon who looks like Keith Vaz...

That's not a party I wanna get started, etc...

Once in a while a single individual crops up who embodies everything that is wrong with society. Vaz also encapsulates everything that is vile in society.

I am sure there is a prison cell with his name on the door. All that's currently missing are the charges that will deliver him there.

O Zangado

War Hero
On Al Beeb's 'The World at One' today, it is reported the Parliamentary Standards Watchdog has today accused Keith Vaz of sustained and unpleasant bullying which ended the career of a colleague. The chairman of the Independent expert panel, Sir Stephen Irwin, PC, QC said that Mr. Vaz should be ashamed of his hostile conduct. The former Labour MP has said he is too ill to cooperate with the enquiry.

Was it not his sister, Valerie Vaz, MP who earlier this year accused the Prime Minister of exaggerating his covid symptoms when he ended up in intensive care?

I am therefore in a quandary. Am I to suspect that Vaz will stage a remarkable recovery once the dust has settled, just like Ernie Saunders, him of the Guinness scandal in the early '90s who was released from jail early because of a diagnosis of pre-senile dementia associated with Alzheimer's and whose symptoms miraculously disappeared shortly afterwards, or do I slap a crafty tenner for his imminent demise on the Dead Pool thread?

OZ

eta With a nod to @MrMemory at post 1472 above.

Last edited:
It's the Margaret Moran defence. Truly vile creatures

DSJ

LE
Once in a while a single individual crops up who embodies everything that is wrong with society. Vaz also encapsulates everything that is vile in society.

I am sure there is a prison cell with his name on the door. All that's currently missing are the charges that will deliver him there.

Is it not that the charges are there, but not followed up on?

ALLEGEDLY
Soliciting
Looking to procure class A drugs.

Is that not enough?

Is it not that the charges are there, but not followed up on?

ALLEGEDLY
Soliciting
Looking to procure class A drugs.

Is that not enough?

Read Duff Cooper's diaries.

Guards officer who won the DSO in 1918, Tory cabinet minister, diplomat and all round pillar of the establishment. Duff and his wife injected morphine for kicks on occasion and I've a feeling that cocaine also gets a mention. He was also a heavy drinker, gambler and adulterer.

The point is that Westminster is full of hedonists and deviants. In the past, the rule was don't get caught. Now the rule is don't get caught with anyone underage or non-consenting. Do Vaz for a couple of adult rent boys and a vague offer to supply coke and he'll get sympathy and a helping hand. He'll certainly be portrayed as a victim of homophobia and racism.

The only way to break Vaz is to convict him of theft, fraud, or embezzlement; preferably after he's perjured himself. That's one of the few red lines left in British politics.

Of all the reptiles in the HoC, he is the one I most want to see squashed. Vile character.

What happened to that Unexplained Wealth Investigation the police were pursuing a few years back? Lots of noise about it, then suddenly went quiet.

Every time this thread resurfaces in 'New Threads' brings the joy of anticipation, swiftly followed by the disappointment on opening it of finding that he's still above ground. I look forward to the day that I can dance at his wake, on top of the lime pit they drop him into.

Every time this thread resurfaces in 'New Threads' brings the joy of anticipation, swiftly followed by the disappointment on opening it of finding that he's still above ground. I look forward to the day that I can dance at his wake, on top of the lime pit they drop him into.

This:

Convicted of a crime; imprisoned; stripped of any ill gotten gains; officially denaturalised; taken from HMP a few years later to an immigration detention center; finally handcuffed and put on a plane to GOA.

This:

Convicted of a crime; imprisoned; stripped of any ill gotten gains; officially denaturalised; taken from HMP a few years later to an immigration detention center; finally handcuffed and put on a plane to GOA.

If there's something I despise as much as the subject of this thread, it's knobends who post 'this'. I look forward to your consignment to the quicklime pit too.

If there's something I despise as much as the subject of this thread, it's knobends who post 'this'. I look forward to your consignment to the quicklime pit too.
Why are you on the thread then?

NSP

LE
This:

I thought Vaz came from Yemen...?

syrup

LE
Read Duff Cooper's diaries.

Guards officer who won the DSO in 1918, Tory cabinet minister, diplomat and all round pillar of the establishment. Duff and his wife injected morphine for kicks on occasion and I've a feeling that cocaine also gets a mention. He was also a heavy drinker, gambler and adulterer.

IIRC around up until 1916 you could still purchase Cocaine and other drugs over the counter at Harrods and Fortnum and Masons

After 1916 it was mail order

You could order a hamper for a loved one at the front with drugs in it.

The 1939 Film the Hounds of the Baskervilles Holmes says he's off for a lie down and shouts "Watson the needle" in reference to his drug use

I recall that his wife was a legal advisor to such applicants, fees attached of course. As they say - "trebles all-round" chink-chink!

I am not sure his wife ever figured much in his thoughts, actions or behaviour.

Unless she wanted a new washing machine.

I thought Vaz came from Yemen...?
Quite possibly.

Although I think - I'm not certain - that his original nationality was Indian.

Yemen is a nice country. He could be sent there...

Chef

LE
The only way to break Vaz is to convict him of theft, fraud, or embezzlement; preferably after he's perjured himself. That's one of the few red lines left in British politics. Edited for brevity.
Worldly wise in so many areas, you are delightfully innocent in this one. You may recall the expenses scandal a few years back where MPs mistakenly overclaimed, flipped houses for tax and expense purposes and generally did what could be taken as theft, fraud and embezzlement if done by a member of the general public. In the MP's case they decided that no rules had actually been broken so money was paid back and normal jogging was resumed. One of the few times when the HoC abandoned party politics to present a united front against the rest of the UK population. Who were calling for justice.

I also recollect some MP buying a house with a mortgage while forgetting to mention a BFO 'loan' from a rich friend. Possibly fraud. But they aren't an MP anymore.

Exiled to the House of Lords.

Latest Threads