Keith Vaz Resigns...

You do realise that the EU consists of the UK, don't you? And that we have commissioners and MEPs so are they all corrupt as well?
Or the fact that British MPs (that's our parliament) voted to give the OK to this little piece of chicanery under the Criminal Proceeds Act of 2017?
Do you really think the Westminster lot are going to change this after Brexit and overturn what they've already ruled on?
Agree completely. The idea of some evil klepocracy forcing honest British politicians to submit to their edicts is wide of the mark. Despite protestations by politicians to the contrary, the UK had a tremendous amount of influence over EU decision making. We'll have been leading from the front on this one, and there's no way this will change post Brexit.

Agree completely. The idea of some evil klepocracy forcing honest British politicians to submit to their edicts is wide of the mark. Despite protestations by politicians to the contrary, the UK had a tremendous amount of influence over EU decision making. We'll have been leading from the front on this one, and there's no way this will change post Brexit.
Do you have any proof that UK was "leading from the front" on the creation of this EU legislation? (Genuine question.)

I can understand why the EU has an immunity clause for MEPs and wants one for national MPs E U wide. Many juduciaries in Eurooe are political appointees or elected on party lines, Spain and Italy being examples of highly politicised invesigating magistrates. Without immunity opposition parties can be crippled by politically inspired investigations. The fact that many politicians use these rules to deliberately engage in criminality shouldn't detract from their necessity. Of course its another example of one size legislation being applied to the UK, with a fundamentally different body and origin of law

He is back p in front of the Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards in rude health it would seem;
Vaz Investigation is Back On - Guido Fawkes

I thought it was good to read that they had actually instigated an independent medial assessment. I suppose it is true, the wheels of government grind slow, but they grind fine.
I suspect an onset of cronic Migraine/Diabetes will be discovered by a expert washing machine consultant. Failing that it will be blamed by the lack of a wig.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I am just waiting for Mr Vaz's defence team to get in touch with me to ask me to be a character witness for Mr Vaz.

That should ensure he is sent down!

I am just waiting for Mr Vaz's defence team to get in touch with me to ask me to be a character witness for Mr Vaz.

Just 'cos you have no washing machine don't be so nasty.

I'm looking forward once more to watching Vaz twisting and turning like a twisty turny thing, despite the top cover of his bezzer Speaker Bercow (hopefully with an ultimate result of him being thrown out on his arse).

Does the Houses of Parliament popcorn come in a box with a portcullis on it?

exbleep

On ROPS
On ROPs

Can I come as well?
Back some time ago, this Mr Vaz (who had a house in the same area as our old surgery) opened our newly built surgery and we were all asked to turn up for the photo op. This was just after this nice Mr Vaz had accused the ACIO in Leicester of having weapons stored when the IRA had actually bombed it. About the same time he'd been taking brown envelopes for planning permission.
I refused to turn up for the "ceremony" with the slimy tw@.
The only thing I'd turn up for him would be to hear a judge say "take him down".

I'm looking forward once more to watching Vaz twisting and turning like a twisty turny thing, despite the top cover of his bezzer Speaker Bercow (hopefully with an ultimate result of him being thrown out on his arse).

Does the Houses of Parliament popcorn come in a box with a portcullis on it?
Vaz has chaired Parilmentary committees in tha past. He is a solicitor besides being an MP. I sadly doubt if he'll be anyway phased by this occasion or any amount they care to call him back to.
Like you however, I sincerely hope that I'm proved wrong.

Vaz has chaired Parilmentary committees in tha past. He is a solicitor besides being an MP. I sadly doubt if he'll be anyway phased by this occasion or any amount they care to call him back to.
You're quite likely to be correct, sadly.

But we can still hope. And enjoy the circus, obviously...

I expect an emergency race card is already being Fabloned just in case he need to play it.