Keith Richards tells of snorting his dads ashes

Keith Richards admits ingesting all manner of substances in his time. But none quite as bizarre as he reveals in his latest confession: he snorted his father's ashes.

In a wide-ranging interview published today, the 63-year-old veteran of tequila breakfasts and drug marathons described how he once sampled his father's ashes mixed with cocaine. "The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father,"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/drugs/Story/0,,2049698,00.html

I heard about that earlier today. All I can say is 'wow'

could be a result of falling out a tree on the bonce.

It sounds relatively harmless to me.

It's not to be sniffed at.

Sorry.... I seem to have stumbled into the

"shit pun world championships"

Anyone remember where they keep the funny bit around this place anymore?

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Chortling at the snortling! That's a rootin-tooin jape and a half that is. You can't knock the bloke for wanting to be close to his dad.

I suppose his dad's been buried at sea. A sea of snot that is.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Could it have been a living will? 'Son, when I kark it, I want you to suck me . . .'

Dung_trumpet said:
Sorry.... I seem to have stumbled into the

"shit pun world championships"
You haven't seen this then have you?

I am so f*cking glad it's disapeared from the front page.

Update
LONDON - Keith Richards was joking when he claimed to have snorted his father's ashes along with cocaine, a spokesman said Wednesday.

"It was an off-the-cuff remark, a joke, and it is not true. File under April Fool's joke," said Bernard Doherty of LD Communications, which represents the Rolling Stones.

Doherty declined to say any more about why Richards made the statement in an interview with NME, a pop music magazine.

"The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father," the 63-year-old guitarist was quoted as saying.

"He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared ... It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive."

Richards' father, Bert, died in 2002, at 84.

Keith is a wos - If he was hard core he'd have done like a hells angel in Copenhagen who drove his dead dad's body around the city on the back of his Harley so his dad could say bye to all his favourite sites!