Keir Starmer- Mein Kampf

I'd rather stuff wasps down my japs eye than vote for anything to do with Starmer.
Canvasser: Shall I put you down as a "possible"?

Sir Keir Starmer has written an essay, presumably whilst in detention for some form of micro aggression. His key points are as follows but, for some reason best known to himself and probably to do with the subconscious knowledge that the welfare of this country requires him to remain in Opposition, one has to plough through 12,000 words of dreck prior to this enlightenment:
  • We will always put hard-working families and their priorities first.
  • If you work hard and play by the rules, you should be rewarded fairly.
  • People and businesses are expected to contribute to society, as well as receive.
  • Your chances in life should not be defined by the circumstances of your birth – hard work and how you contribute should matter.
  • Families, communities and the things that bring us together must once again be put above individualism.
  • The economy should work for citizens and communities. It is not good enough to just surrender to market forces.
  • The role of government is to be a partner to private enterprise, not stifle it.
  • The government should treat taxpayer money as if it were its own. The current levels of waste are unacceptable.
  • The government must play its role in restoring honesty, decency and transparency in public life.
  • We are proudly patriotic but we reject the divisiveness of nationalism.
Is anyone thinking of changing their vote on the back of Sir Keir's cri de coeur?

Keir who?

Yeah I've often pondered if this is workable. I think Kazakhstan had a single tax rate once upon a time.

The lowest earners/min wagers/Under 18's shouldn't pay anything or negligible NI and then amalgamate the other tax rates for all earners whilst closing or tightening the many offshore loopholes in the UK's purview.

No taxes on pensions either unless it's a high 6 figure pot, same with death taxes.

I have no idea if this is workable as I went to the Darth Abbot School Of Economics And Ambidextrous Footwear, and if I was even mildly intelligent I suppose I wouldn't be posting on here.
I think Estonia has a flat rate tax. Or it may be Latvia. It's one of the Baltics anyway.

Site Admin

Old-Salt
Yeah one/some of those Baltics is quite progressive on economics/business policies. The answer is a mere google search away but I can't be arsed right now...

Sir Keir Starmer has written an essay, presumably whilst in detention for some form of micro aggression. His key points are as follows but, for some reason best known to himself and probably to do with the subconscious knowledge that the welfare of this country requires him to remain in Opposition, one has to plough through 12,000 words of dreck prior to this enlightenment:
  • People and businesses are expected to contribute to society, as well as receive.
  • Your chances in life should not be defined by the circumstances of your birth – hard work and how you contribute should matter.
  • Families, communities and the things that bring us together must once again be put above individualism.
  • The economy should work for citizens and communities. It is not good enough to just surrender to market forces.
  • The role of government is to be a partner to private enterprise, not stifle it.
  • The government should treat taxpayer money as if it were its own. The current levels of waste are unacceptable.
  • The government must play its role in restoring honesty, decency and transparency in public life.
Is anyone thinking of changing their vote on the back of Sir Keir's cri de coeur?

Confirms my opinion that most Labour politicians are trapped in either their sixth form or student union years.

They reach a certain level of development and a worldview - and then just stop growing. Corbyn was both the classic example and the nadir. An old man absolutely trapped in his early 20s.

Johned

War Hero
In my dotage I look back over the years and I have come to one conclusion; never, ever, trust Labour with the nation's money! Whenever they have left office, we are, in so many words "truly skint!" Who was it left a note in a drawer "There's no money!" I'm sure it will stir some memories.

lecky

War Hero
Marx's Das Kapital!
Mao's Little Red Book!
Starmer's little pink leaflet?

Yep, Starmer joins the literary giants of the left and galvanises the British Public behind this ground breaking Revolutionary Leader...or so he hoped.

He's made such a splash that he's Story Number 5 on the BBC's Politics Page, behind his own parties problems with debating Transgender issues.

What a loser!

Sometimes you really just cannot make it up.

To reiterate from another thread. I was once asked by Patrick Burns, the political bloke from the BBC what i thought about the current crop of MP's..." I wouldn't piss in their mouths if their teeth were on fire" It was never broadcast. 2009..... Nothing changes, only the uniform. o_O

Last edited:
For a supposedly clever bloke, he bores the p1ss out of me. He's dissected Johnson (as have others) , but it makes no difference if no-one's listening/reporting it.

Maybe he had help...

Labour leader in dangerous flirtation with social democracy. The left will have him.

What's telling is that he had to clearly had to meditate on these points during some kind of political retreat. Then he felt compelled to articulate them in a 12,000 word essay. Blair would have jotted them down on a sheet of A4 in 20 minutes and given them to an aide to write up as a conference speech.

Unless Starmer's ready to hang nonces, deport illegal immigrants, and return to a 1950s criminal justice system, he probably won't get the core vote in the old Labour heartlands.

All the Tories have to do is tout a few key policies in that vein (even if they've no intention of implementing them) and challenge Keir to back them or condemn them. He'll stumble and pontificate and prevaricate - and lose the next election.

Keir Starmer the man who wouldn't prosecute Jimmy Saville

And who turned a blind eye to Rotherham.

He needs to drop the "Sir" and start going by Keith if he's going to have a chance to reconnect with the common man. Can't do anything about his complete lack of charisma however. Nor his lack of a moral compass or a spine.