Keeping Woodland kit for Orange forces

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by EX_STAB, Jul 26, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just an idea but now is a great opportunity to avoid the usual line heard on exercise: "The enemy are dressed exactly like us etc etc"

As all units are getting MTP over the next 18 months, why not let units keep 10% of their establishment of woodland DPM uniforms for use for "Enemy forces"? Will cost sod all and be quite useful for the future I think.

No doubt it would never happen but perhaps canny CQMS will already be squirrelling stuff for this purpose...?
  2. I know BATUS already issue a Tiger strip uniform for OPFOR, One sizefits all of course.
  3. Orange? So we finally defeated those nasty men from "Redland"?
  4. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Cracking idea! I am amazed that no-one has thought of it before, and will inform the CQMS at once.

Of course, to find some room to keep it all he may have to move the coveralls, desert kit and toytown dishdashes picked up on numerous overseas deployments he appears have have stored in black bags on the shelves. I always wondered why he kept a stock of such items and kept pressing them into the hands of the sick lame and lazy/cadets who were doing OPFOR.
  5. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

why not keep woodland kit for woodland and dye the last lot of desert kit issued orange instead, handy for general camp wear as well or when working with the yanks to stop them shooting at us - well it works during hunting season unless cheney is behind the trigger!

last time I checked though nobody thought to issue the taliban hivis vests which is dangerous and shouldnt be allowed to slide - have they never heard of the HSE?
  6. Now I'm taking a SWAG here, are you the guy from quantum leap? Or have you really just arrived and thought of that?
  7. Sarcasm lowest form of wit, unless of course you are impersonating Jeeves perhaps.
  8. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

No impersonations, just responding to one of the biggest statements of the blindingly obvious I have seen on here for weeks.

"perhaps canny CQMs will already be squirrelling?" - your storeman will almost certainly have a store full of all sorts stashed away!
  9. How about the other question - surely isn't it worth keeping our woodland kit in case we ever have to fight a war in a jungle?

10. how the **** did you manage over 10000 posts without a thief tag?
  11. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

The clue is in the name:

Multi-Terrain Pattern .......................... oh
  12. Wet or Dry jungle though, if it is wet won't the colours darken due to sweat.....
  13. I don't know, but I reckon it'll still be a better match for really thick jungle than MTP...
  14. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

it used to be smart gear = clean OD tactical = dirty OD something they seem to have forgotten