Keeping vintage traditions alive...

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Moodybitch, Feb 26, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was undertaking the unusual task of sorting out the hoards of crap I keep stuffed in my cupboards this week and came across a CD of War of the Worlds that I had forgotten about.

My son asked what it was and I duly went into reminisent mode explaining to him how my father used to play his double LP of this on Saturdays when we were all on block duties cleaning our rooms etc. In my sentimental excitement I offered to play it for him and he agreed.

Now I cannot get it off the fucking CD player. As I type, he is in the downstairs bathroom having a soak with disc 1 on full and totally loving it. (I'm not though, because the CD player is in the kitchen and that's where I am sat!! - ULLA! Fuck off!)

However, it's made me think about how old school things get passed on down the "ages" and I am impressed at the impact those things can still have on a new generation, who would otherwise remain blissfully unaware of it's existence.

Anyone else passing shit onto their kids that would otherwise be relegated into history? If so, what?
  2. Defective chromsomes.
  3. Syphilis and applying leeches to their swollen, hairless pudendas.
  4. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Can't escape here either:

5. #The Chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one or more....#
  6. From you I would expect nothing less! Well done! :)
  7. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

When Rupert reached the age of 14 and hadnt set fire to a dog, impaled a cat up the bottom on a bamboo cane or raped a poor persons child I lost interest. He went to Oxford and did quite well. Now he is in Buenos Aires working for Santander.
  8. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

This might be a little too "modern" for you old folk, but my kid sister informed me the other day that she was "totally loving the Stereophonics". So I informed her that she was eight the first time I saw them live.
  9. TheIronDuke

Get a fucking haircut
  10. I'm under 35 thanks! Old folk indeed! That said, I think it's a childs mentality to imagine their parents childhood as light years ago. My son frequently asks me if I remember things "you know, when everything was in black and white"...yeah, fucking cheers son!
  11. Oh god...I've done the war of the worlds thing too,we have to have it on long journeys. I've also inflicted the life of Brian and wayne's world on them!
  12. TheIronDuke

The fuck is he doing asking questions when he could be out begging? Give him a clip. He will thank you for it later in life.
  13. I can't, I've lost control over my own home, as you well know as you saw his face on Halloween the miserable fecking git! I just don't know where he gets it from.
  14. He was a happy sausage at Halloween til he thought his iPod had been nicked you big fibbist!
  15. I've liberated some of my old Barbie dolls from the attic and passed them on to a friends 4 year old.

His parents don't seem to like his new favourite choice of toy though! :)