keeping on top of current affairs

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by QinetiQ, Jan 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Will be going for sup trade in the Rsigs, is there any way of keeping up with world current affairs/news without buying the times/telegraph everyday. I hear they have a section which sums up the world news in a page.
    Maybe online???
  3. Don't be so f**king idle! Alternatively, don't lie to the board and simply admit that you only read the Sun and that you only want the promotion for the money :roll:
  4. lol.... I hear that there is a book on current events that they use in the boards (e.g. events over the last year)... try your regiments training library for that - will see if I can find out the name for you. Other than that... the papers or news are the only other ways!!!

5. It's January, so all the upstream magazines like the Spectator, Time, Newsweek, The Economist (the wire?) etc have all brought out all their reviews of 2005. They might be a good starting point. I personally like but there's loads of good online stuff. I think that you might have a bit of trouble getting all the world news in a single page, though. If you expect things to be that simple, then you could be for a torrid time on the board. There's no time like the present, so start now and keep reading. Good luck.
  6. Carry on normal jogging. I dont read the broadsheets and i found that watching the news on an evening enough. Stop flapping you will be ok. :wink:
  7. The Week was recommended to me by one of our Colonels. You can get the first couple of issues free on trial. Found it to be very good value and have stuck with it since. See what you think.
  8. In my humble opinion there is no beating reading papers to brush up on current affairs. No need to go over the top though, spend the majority of you time brushing up on all comms system (current and future).
  9. This is all we need. Tech Sup Specs who know what's going on.

The whole point of tucking you all away in dark and dingy stores for weeks on end is so that you don't know what's going on.
  10. Is this a WAAH?
  11. Yep, its true, he passed, and when I last saw him he couldn't even read :lol:
  12. Yep, its true, he passed, and when I last saw him he couldn't even read :lol:[/quote]

:lol: :lol: Cheers Biscuits. Cnut. :D
  13. The Financial Times has succinct reporting and analysis of domestic and international current affairs and was recommended reading for my IR degree as of the broadsheets it was deemed to present the least biased / massaged reporting.

14. The Week is spot on for you. It distills all the national newspapers and the main multinationals as well. It also gives comments on a lot of stuff. It's almost as though they designed it for people who needed to brush up for interviews...
    Failing that, Newsweek is good, although very USA focussed.
    Failing that, buy The Times. It costs the same as about 1.5 B&H.................