Keeping in touch

My daughters set up Whats App for me, and we exchanged photos and messages, but last night one of them set up a video call.

Fantastic, had a lovely half hour chatting to her and the grandsons.

If you haven't tried it, get it set up......

We had the same experience, our new baby granddaughter is in southern Hampshire, our son, her dad, visited on his way up north on business, and so we had the pleasure of seeing and listening to her gurgle away down south 135 miles away, and talk to DiL, for 20 minutes or so, all in real time and colour!....Dam clever these Japanese!

Uuuummm what's app has been around a looooong time boomers!

philc

LE
Just walk next door to see the oldies.

FakeSheikh2

Old-Salt
My daughters set up Whats App for me, and we exchanged photos and messages, but last night one of them set up a video call.

Fantastic, had a lovely half hour chatting to her and the grandsons.

If you haven't tried it, get it set up......
Yup all free.
But how do they make money?
As I see very few adverts when on it?

There’s many apps that do this; Facebook Messenger, FaceTime, Skype etc. It’s all about the user base. You can’t FaceTime with someone who doesn’t have an Apple device. Or Skype with someone who doesn’t have a Microsoft account. Whoever you’re trying to communicate with has to have an account in that app.

It’d be nice if there was some kind of universal addressing where you could use What’s App to video call someone who was using Skype, say. There’s technology to do that, but the way these apps all developed independently means some of the big guys (Google, Facebook, Apple, Microsoft) would have to move to someone else’s technology.

Yup all free.
But how do they make money?
As I see very few adverts when on it?
There are various ways they all make money, adverts and harvesting your usage habits to sell on for targeted advertising etc are a couple
Others are a free personal edition with basic features and a commercial edition with additional features such as business use, more capability etc

Latest Threads