Keeping in touch during the lay off?

Ideas?

Last Tues every month @ TAC

ArmyNET

Telephone/text messages

Facebook

Arrse

Frequent events, visits to Museums, AT, socials, etc

Meet up in the park, late at night, in green kit?

We could order pizza, get drunk and piss in each others sleeping bags. It'll be just like old times.

StabTiffy2B said:
Meet up in the park, late at night, in green kit?

We could order pizza, get drunk and piss in each others sleeping bags. It'll be just like old times.
Do you buy your own soap or get issue? :D

My unit is meeting up last parade night of every month. I may see if anyone wants to do anything else, maybe a bit of walking on a weekend with a pub lunch.

Alsacien

MIA
polar said:
Ideas?

Last Tues every month @ TAC

ArmyNET

Telephone/text messages

Facebook

Arrse

Frequent events, visits to Museums, AT, socials, etc
Just because they are not paying does not mean you should not still play at soldiers by looking after the kit - its a vocation you know :wink:

Subsidised bars usually cover TA social needs.

You could always sell the Big Issue, or lose weight you obese hobbyists.

If you miss the part timer stuff so much why not join the police specials?

At least then you could still be below average in your skillsets albeit in a different (ill fitting) uniform.

Regards,

polar69 said:
My unit is meeting up last parade night of every month. I may see if anyone wants to do anything else, maybe a bit of walking on a weekend with a pub lunch.
Isn't that what you normally do on a working weekend? :D

You could all go for runs in the park together.

Do a bit of phys at the local leisure centre.

Alsacien said:
Just because they are not paying does not mean you should not still play at soldiers by looking after the kit - its a vocation you know :wink:
Hm, early days yet but current trend indicates, not sure what to call them yet, 'the union' will say no.

Griffinthe2nd said:
polar69 said:
No - we get paid double time for working a weekend - try when your working for Maccy Ds or doing your security guard job when you get out

DarkNinja said:
Griffinthe2nd said:
polar69 said:
No - we get paid double time for working a weekend - try when your working for Maccy Ds or doing your security guard job when you get out
Sadly, I'm not qualified to do either, guess it's the TA for me

Apparently that's gone mate - Try saying Big Issue anyone?

a good option but it never goes far. You can only watch so many Trisha shows anyway

I'm sure most people nowadays have used Distance Learning products for the day job. Why not consider using Armynet Sharepoint for keeping some rudimentary contact / education going ?

I have been developing a prototype Sharepoint site within Armynet that can be used to deliver distance learning. The main caveat is the level of classification of your source training material, though the R Sigs et al. appears to be using PROTECT as this sits below RESTRICTED but still means 'don't leave this behind in the pub or on the train'.

The question begs, of course, why log on and 'train' if you're not being paid for it ??

FP

I cant be doing with keeping up to speed with the 00's of other threads that have started about this. Has anyone discovered what the permanant staff will be doing till April?

Haha - Is this the same style of keeping intouch that everyone has after Depot/Any Course/ A tour with another unit.

Where you take addresses/Phone numbers/mobile numbers/Email Addresses and then promise to meet up all the time and be the bestest friends forever and ever.

Then when you see them on another course in three years time try and remember their name and repeat process.

Scavenger said:
I cant be doing with keeping up to speed with the 00's of other threads that have started about this. Has anyone discovered what the permanant staff will be doing till April?
Where do you start?

1) Maintaining G4 assets e.g. vehicles, equipment, weapons etc
2) Preparing for ECI, SPS, first and second lines
3) Ensuring that recruiting (Phase 1) continues and acting as unit POC and
all the associated admin which is required.
4) Maintaining links with the community, in a passive sense
5) Updating and preparing training programmes for the next training year
6) Dealing with an operational taskings the unit is given, UK Ops or Expeditionary
7) Maintaining a link with the Command elements and other aspects of the unit.
8 ) Etc, etc, whoever thinks the PSI's aren't busy either doesn't see the big picture or possibly the PSI's aren't being tasked effectively. Tho' usually the former than the latter.

DCO.

Closet_Jibber said:
Haha - Is this the same style of keeping intouch that everyone has after Depot/Any Course/ A tour with another unit.

Where you take addresses/Phone numbers/mobile numbers/Email Addresses and then promise to meet up all the time and be the bestest friends forever and ever.

Then when you see them on another course in three years time try and remember their name and repeat process.
I'm sure I once met a bloke in the Percy Arms in Otterburn who said something like that...

Dunno his name :lol:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T The Intelligence Cell 14
T Australia 1
T The Other Half 3