Keep getting thrown out :(

L

lumpy2

For the last couple of days, Arrse has been logging me out with depressing regularity. It's happening almost every time I refresh the page.

Now I readily admit I am a complete twat with anything to do with computers, but it doesn't seem to be happening with any other site/forum.

Is it me or is it you, dear Arrse?

Its you, theres been complaints about the smell. Sorry, but I thought it better to be honest.

Now before I had that "Sensitivity to others" course at work, I would have just shouted you smelly bastard.

I get it sometimes on my browser at work, its IE8
Doesnt actually log me out, its more like the browser crashes then re-opens where it was

AAGF

RIP
RIP
Its you, theres been complaints about the smell. Sorry, but I thought it better to be honest.

Now before I had that "Sensitivity to others" course at work, I would have just shouted you smelly bastard.
<scratch> <sniff> Nope - Lumpy smells fine - must be something else ... :)

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
He who smelt it dealt it.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
Skilful? I reckon Mrs BM would disagree with that, she fines me £2 a time for not listening, I'm skint!

HHH

GCM
For the last couple of days, Arrse has been logging me out with depressing regularity. It's happening almost every time I refresh the page.

Now I readily admit I am a complete twat with anything to do with computers, but it doesn't seem to be happening with any other site/forum.

Is it me or is it you, dear Arrse?
Have you made sure the "Stay Logged In" box is ticked.
It's just to the right of where you put your username and password.

L

lumpy2

Interesting - I've never ticked this before and never had a problem

What he said. Otherwise you get logged off every two hours I think.

L

lumpy2

What he said. Otherwise you get logged off every two hours I think.
I'm never on here for that length of time! The logging out was happening every few seconds, but I'll certainly bear this in mind. (I just assumed this kept you logged in even if you shut down - but then I am biffer).

Seems to be OK at the moment.

When you first logged in I bet you clicked yes when it asked if you wanted uit to save your password.

Oddly ive been having problems where sites that usually remembered me askng for passwords agani. On Firefox and it started maybe a week ago but hasnt affecetd arrse
Are you typing with your nose lately? I do realise that it's not bad spelling. Just curious.

L

lumpy2

Are you typing with your nose lately? I do realise that it's not bad spelling. Just curious.
Surely it's the little stunted dachshund legs that do it

(Or is that some other bugger?)

Site appears broken, keep getting logged out, when I hit "post quick reply" button after entering text into box, error pops up, tells me to refresh page. I refresh page, only to find that I have been logged out. Log back in, end up on the the blank splash page of death.

When one is viewing whilst logged out, and then hits reply, one is taken to the log in page, upon logging in, the whole "you are being taken to blah blah" screen appears, and then opens up a blank white screen. By hitting the back button, it is possible to navigate back to the page being viewed, and upon refresh, the log in details are accepted. This opens the Quick Reply box, however, upon hitting the submit button, the error occurs.

L

lumpy2

^Glad it's not just me then.

I'm sure the other posters are correct about the "stay logged in" option, but I've never needed this before - there does seem to be a problem lately.

hotel_california

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm regularly getting DB errors. And I'm not an IT biff so I don't use IE.

L

lumpy2

Yep, disappeared completely just now and I got "database error" screen, but I just clicked on the "back" arrow and came back.
Weird

Latest Threads